India's Severe Heatwave Claims Many Lives

IT.com
I lived in a district called Gulbarga, northern part of Karnataka state.

Definitely, it is not the hottest place in India, but it sure gets hot as hell. Even the neighbouring districts in karnataka, most places in Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu etc., probably hit 40+ degrees in summer.

Come to think of it, probably there are places in almost all Indian states where the temperature comes close to 40, except obviously the places in the North and North-east closest to the Himalayas or in the mountainous range.

Fortunately monsoon is catching up now - and recent showers in the city have brought in a lot of respite. Get ready to announce another news item - which is so predictable (sic) about floods claiming xx number of lives. I wish that doesn't happen, but with monsoons getting active all across - good bye heat wave, and welcome rains - we missed you for so long!!!

Fortunately monsoon is catching up now - and recent showers in the city have brought in a lot of respite. Get ready to announce another news item - which is so predictable (sic) about floods claiming xx number of lives. I wish that doesn't happen, but with monsoons getting active all across - good bye heat wave, and welcome rains - we missed you for so long!!!

pubdomains.in, thanks for the update. It's really sad that India has so many monsoon-related deaths.

I have had the opportunity to serve in those disasters (being an amateur radio operator) and last flooding of Kosi in Bihar is still so fresh on my mind. Today's headlines indicate it may just be a repeat like last year... Bihar rivers are close to crossing the danger mark.

North heat wave is over, it's rained good in last 24 hours in NCR and surrounding regions... and Monsoon is expected to pick up momentum next week!!! Rainy days are here again!!!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom