India's Puppy Love

IT.com

Ceres

Hey, I just came across a couple of cool Indian dating sites. They're not the type of dating sites you usually come across...

DateYourPet.co.in - A dating website for dogs, which has just launched.

PuppyLove.in – Another dog dating website, which has been around for about two years.

Unique websites. :)

For some reason, I keep thinking of that old Donny Osmond song: Puppy Love ;)

The Economic Times has an article about these websites, which you can find here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting... but I can't see that being very profitable.

Is taking your dog to the park not possible in India?

Is taking your dog to the park not possible in India?

On the contrary you can find domestic animals all over the place, a fact that surprises most of foreign nationals visiting Asian countries (yeah, it's not just in India).

So you have "natural speed breaker" in the city and on the highways with herds of cows, buffalo, goats not to mention dogs and cats testing your driving skills on the road :D

On the other side, it indeed is a problem when you own a pedigreed pet - and want to retain the genetic lineage but don't know where to go and find a suitable match - thus I do see some value in these sites.

I made a site for Indian customer back in 2000 - concerningpets / com - and they were doing good in 2000 + years (not sure if they are still in business though)

Very interesting - thanks pubdomains.in!

All the animals sound like fun, except for the driving.

Do they have pet breeders in India?

Over here, when people want to buy a pedigreed pet, they buy them from a breeder who will keep one (lucky?!) male and several females and then sell their children.

It's a normal condition of sale that the buyer won't allow the animal to breed. The pet associations enforce that by refusing to recognize the offspring as purebred.

How common is it for middle class Indians to have purebred cats and dogs as pets?

Do they have pet breeders in India?- Yessss, it's a thriving business, there are Kennel clubs all over (Google KCI - and you can get the details) / and you get certificate tracing genetic history of the pup you buy from registered users of the club.

Being a dog lover - I know about the dogs, but have no clue on cats / also there are reasons why dogs are preferred more above cats with the majority.

Once I have bought a pure breed, I either go back to the breeder for getting dog / bitch mated - or I explore on my own to get a pure breed (thus bypassing the breeder - and costs). Typically a contract is set for the litter (who would get what after delivery). Those who don't want to get into business but are just happy to lend their dogs for breeding purpose too want information on available options.

I really don't have stats on purebred cats and dogs for the middle class and wouldn't even risk a wild guess.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom