India's marketing trends 2009?

IT.com

Ceres

Are your marketing plans in place for 2009?

If you're unsure what marketing strategies to use during these harder economic times, then you might want to read LiveMint's latest article on the marketing trends we are likely to see in 2009.

Here are some excerpts from the article:

Better value offerings: This is the most obvious element of the strategy marketers are likely to adopt, as consumers cope with real—and perceived—reduction in income … This may extend to ‘20% extra’ type of promotions.

Most people enjoy competitive prices and promotions - hard times or no hard times. :)

Focus on Mrs Kulkarni, the quintessential mom: I expect more advertising to be aimed at the homemaker than in boom times. In the good times, everyone can be persuaded to spend. But in tough times, it will be the homemaker who will reveal the closed iron fist in the shiny, velvet purse.

If the average person or mum is on a tighter budget, then no doubt they will be more choosy and frugal with their purchases. I can see how extra marketing in this area might pay off.

Technology products: This one is actually a ‘no, this ain’t gonna change’ expectation. I expect makers of tech products—mobile phones, online games and souped-up laptops, etc.—to continue their efforts to attract the young and the geeky. After all, it has been proven beyond doubt that teenagers expand their spending to reach their parents’ level of unaffordability.

I'm not surprised. Very profitable area for the technology makers.

Looking good and feeling great: Marketers of products that promise to make women look more attractive, less bulky, younger, less hairy, and so on, will—or ought to—continue unabashedly. Nothing like a new hair colour, a new dress or a diamond to drive away the economic blues.

Hey, don't men also want to "look more attractive, less bulky, younger, less hairy, and so on"? :D

There are more trends listed in the article: In hard times, ads to target the homemaker - Marketing and Media - livemint.com

Happy marketing!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom