Indian Political Parties

IT.com

Nomad

I was checking the websites of the top two political parties in INDIA Indian national Congress and the BJP, and BJP was using a .org tld and congress .org.in TLD. The interesting fact was that while congress.in was redirecting to congress.org.in but BJP.in was parked at sedo. So sad on their part, that they don't even keep an Indian TLD and the owner of bjp.in is in GB (Great Britain ?)

Interesting and well spotted! I think it just goes to show how little people understand about domains...

But, even though the owner of BJP.IN lives in the United Kingdom/Great Britain, he is an Indian national, right? It would not make sense for a Brit to own a political party's that is not relevant to his own country....

But, even though the owner of BJP.IN lives in the United Kingdom/Great Britain, he is an Indian national, right? It would not make sense for a Brit to own a political party's that is not relevant to his own country....

Hi Fardreamer,

Welcome to the Forum!

In my opinion, it shouldn't be relevant whether the owner of BJP.in an Indian national or not. If someone is savvy enough to register a good domain, why hold it against them if they happen to be from another country? However, if someone is infringing on a trademark, then that's a totally different matter which should of course be addressed.

Also, BJP can stand for many things, not just Bharatiya Janata Party.

But I think BJP can win any infringement issues related to the domain quite easily, But I don't think they really care about the domains really. Else it should have been with them.

I don't think our political leaders know much about the domains and TLDs. The fact that they have a website of their own or their parties' is more than enough for them. :)

I was checking the websites of the top two political parties in INDIA Indian national Congress and the BJP, and BJP was using a .org tld and congress .org.in TLD. The interesting fact was that while congress.in was redirecting to congress.org.in but BJP.in was parked at sedo. So sad on their part, that they don't even keep an Indian TLD and the owner of bjp.in is in GB (Great Britain ?)

well i think they are not used to technology and somebody already registered the domain,thinking about its value !!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom