Indian Monetization Programs

IT.com
What a great idea for a post!

I've moved this to the Developing and Parking board and made it sticky in the hope we can come up with a really useful list of Indian affiliates for people to use.

FishSEO said:
I want to put together a nice list of Indian Monetization programs so that those of us that have built out sites in certain categories have a good way to monetize the traffic.

I have used the following and had great success with them...

Dating / Matrimonials

IndianFriendFinder.com
www.indiandating.com/partners/affiliates/
www.shaadi.com/shaadi-rewards/

Can you use the above with domain names that are parked?

Thanks

Frank

Ps: Found this post at DigitalPoint.com :

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=101582

I have used following:

Axill.in
Komli.com

both of them are good as per Indian standards. But none of them still doesn't come any close to Adsense.

Yea Komli is good, Many sites are using them, but the sadest part is that most use them as popups and full page ads, which are for sure blocked by many pop up blockers.

I too think Adsense is best for Indian sites, and they do pay more than any CPC ad network. And I frankly do not prefer these matrimonial ads on websites even if they pay high.

What is wrong with matrimonial ads? It is a service that people want and people pay for. This is why these companies stay in business.

What is wrong with matrimonial ads? It is a service that people want and people pay for. This is why these companies stay in business.

I agree. If a web site has a matrimonial theme to it, I don't see what's wrong with displaying matrimonial ads.

PLuGGd.in has published a very handy list of online advertising networks in India. The main ad networks listed are:

Komli / Pubmatic
Tyroo
dgm India
Ozone Media
Networkplay
Paypod
IndiAds
Axill (Social Media Exchange)
Integrid
AdMagnet
AdChakra
Tonictag
Rupizads

Also mentioned are Guruji, Ibibo, Reliance, Sulekha, and Google's adwords/adsense programs. Others include TribalFusion and FoxNetworks.

To find out more about these ad networks, check out:

List of Online ad networks in India

If you have dealt with any of these ad networks, please share your experiences.

Another possible way to monetize your blog or website is through Microsoft's online store in India: BuyOriginalMS.com.

You can sign up as a partner and set up a Microsoft Shopping Cart within your site.

How we partner:

If you are a Website / Blog / or web portal owner you could start earning by setting up Microsoft Shopping Carts within your own site. Web portals, various shopping sites, blogs can register with us to sell Microsoft products through their portals, websites or blogs. They can do so by using simple buy now buttons, web services and white labeled engines.
I don't know how easy it is to monetize your site using this method. If you've tried it out, please let us know your opinion.

Just to update this thread?here are more details of Guruji.com's advertising program for publishers: AdGuru.

- you can display contextual ads on your website;

- you can add Guruji search box on your website;

- pre-approval is required (Guruji will approve publishers' websites on a case-by-case basis); and

- minimum payment threshold is USD $250 if publisher outside of India, or INR 2,500 if Indian publisher.

- minimum payment threshold is USD $250 if publisher outside of India, or INR 2,500 if Indian publisher.

$250 minimum seems like quite a mountain to climb. Or, as an Indian I read recently would put it, quite a lot of black in the mulligatawny. A website would have to sell a Tata Nano on the web to get that kind of commission. Even then, the commission on the sale of a Nano might not meet that lofty threshold. I think I'll pass on this one.

Yes, it looks like a way of getting a lot of sales without needing to pay the commission.

Jim Karter has posted some information about Infolinks, which is another monetisation program.

I mentioned in another post that as a web surfer, I tend to avoid clicking on in-text ads as I find them annoying. However, judging from Jim Karter's post, these programs can help monetise a website quite well.

Anyone tried Infolinks or a program similar to it? If so, what kind of results are you seeing?

Thanks for the heads up.

It seems to be a very aggressive monetization technique.

There's nothing wrong with that, but I'd wait until a website is well established before using that.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom