Indian Film Industry and .IN domains

IT.com

Ceres

It's not every day that I come across a YouTube video in which a Bollywood actor is advertising a .IN domain name.

In the video, actor Uday Chopra talks about his upcoming film Pyaar Impossible and promotes the website PyaarImpossible.in. The domain name perfectly matches the film title (website currently forwards to YashRajFilms.com). It's really great to see India's film industry promoting the .IN domain. BTW, Pyaar Impossible is scheduled to be released sometime in 2010.

Earlier this year, the domain TTTT.in was used to promote the Indian film Thiru Thiru Thuru Thuru.

:p If you want a chuckle, here's a list of the Ten Worst Movie Domain Names Ever which was compiled back in October 2007. Fast forward to the present, and my local cinema listing shows that many of today's film domain names aren't that much better:

astroboy-themovie.com
paperheart-movie.com
the-invention-of-lying.warnerbros.com

Congrats to Yash Raj Films for getting it right with PyaarImpossible.in. ;)

What's the worst film/movie domain name that you've come across? Or do you have examples of great .IN film domains that promote Indian films?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant believe I missed this post!!!

hows about:

Kingsingh.in - Singh is Kinng
Angoor.in - Angoor
DDLJ.in - Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge

Note - these are all my domains but you will find the movies posted for each one.

Enjoy!

In India, do people prefer to say film or movie? Whichever it is, do you think it will continue to be the case?

For example, when I left England approximately 11 years ago, people said "film" rather than "movie." So I find it really bizarre that Google AdWords Keyword Tool indicates that in the UK "movies" is currently more popular than "films" :confused: (and that "film" and "movie" are equally popular). Is this correct?

What do you make of all this?

A very interesting one Ceres. I notice that Indians from India typically use the word 'film' over the word 'movie'. In US Indians seem to adapt and use the word 'movie'.

So just to ensure we've covered all the basics...

moviewala.in
filmwala.in

Take your pick!

http://www.sellmy.in

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom