Indian domain growth reaches 12% in last 3 years

Jas

Based on this article, India has the highest rate of domain growth in the world at 12%. The gTLDs are used more than the local extensions, and most are used for websites or businesses. On the other hand, the domain penetration number (defined as number of domains names per 100 users) is only 1.1%.

What are your thoughts about this?

Atropia

It's amazing how India's economy has spiked a lot over the past few years! I remember being quite fondly interested in India's culture and economy, seeing that I would like to visit sometime in the future.

ritchie

It is encouraging that India has surpassed the global average of 8.7%. This is phenomenal and I hope that with this growth, we are getting quality domains as well. Like the article mentions, there is a good impact on small and medium businesses, if the domain names are used effectively.

Its feels good to see some positive comments on the the growth of Indian economy, Indian has been progressively improving not in the IT field but also has shown consistent improvement in the major fields like Agriculture, science and tech.At this rate of improvement India i surely gonna hit the list of top 10 countries by 2025.

Proud to be an Indian

BRC814

This is very encouraging sign for the Indian digital era. Lot of younger generation realized the power of the internet and making full use of it. Internet should reach much more people in India .

Jas

The growth is indeed inspiring and expected, given how India provides more support to spread the technology. I'm interested in the penetration number, though. It seems as if even though it's vastly available across the country, only a handful of people use it. It would be able to help the business to grow more if they can reach out to more people. I wonder what is the cause for this small penetration number.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Desi-Domain for Indian Community New GTLDs 1
R TataKosh.com - Premium Indian Brand Domain For Sale 0
Prashant Sharan Cred, an Indian half unicorn, uses .club domain New GTLDs 0
S "Indian" as Domain Name General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Jeff Reverse Domain Name Hijacking for Indian Hotels Legal Issues and Dispute 1
Prashant Sharan What are the other domain extensions except .in to bet on in the Indian Market General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Jeff Indian Domain Report General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
D Paypal holding payment for domain sales to Indian citizens General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
D Best home security system for indian domain investors Legal Issues and Dispute 0
E .io domain names are high in demand stands for "indian ocean" General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
A Is the Indian Domain business about to explode? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
A Do you think the large amount of languages hurt the Indian domain business? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
M a package of 13 Indian domain names for sale for $ 300 For Sale 0
indy NamesCon 2017 Indian Domain Masterclass General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
Jeff List of Indian Domain Brokers General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
C 2bhkFlat.com | Premium .com Domain For Indian Real Estate Guys For Sale 0
domainking131 Indian government to give boost to .IN domain names General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Aces English in Indian domain name? Marketing Your Website 24
domainking131 Mark Zuckerberg pays $700 to Indian cybersquatter for rights to his domain name General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
Tiger Top #1 Indian domain name? For Sale 4
D Premium Indian Fashion and Children domain for sale For Sale 0
R indian sports domain names General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
the_poet Go Daddy Enters The Indian Domain Name Market General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
U Indian Domain Name Sales For Sale 0
Ratul365 For Indian colleges and campus showcase domain sale on fixed price For Sale 0
Y Great Profitable Indian Domain for Sale! For Sale 0
webmaster75 Indian domain name for rent For Sale 0
A Top Indian ICANN Accredited domain Registrars Registrars 4
mukta Indian Domain Brokers General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
s51888 Traffic Indian domain - AddUrl.org.in (USD 100) >10K visitors/month - Proof attached For Sale 0
N An Indian City Domain for sale For Sale 3
domaining123 Domain required by Indian company after dropcatch Legal Issues and Dispute 6
techno W8. biz - 8F.biz -- 4 YR OLD - TWO RARE DOMAIN -- INDIAN BUYER ONLY Non-India Related Domains 3
Rox Indian City Name Travel Domain For Sale 0
domainking131 Domain name for Indian movies For Sale 1
A Indian Jewelry domain External Auctions 5
K FreeGamesDownload.co.in - Great domain for Indian gaming industry Auctions 0
P Top selling Domain names for Sale in Indian TLDs Auctions 0
techno W8. biz - 8F.biz -- 4 YR OLD - TWO RARE DOMAIN -- INDIAN BUYER ONLY Non-India Related Domains 1
ajf7688 9 Year old Indian .com Domain - DesiWebs.com For Sale 0
A Indian domain include 4500+ visitors montly TYP IN Websites 0
the_poet Is there anything such as an Indian Domain Brokerage service? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 7
M I want to sell my indian domain For Sale 0
D Premium Indian Domain for Sale For Sale 4
N Indian domain names for sale For Sale 0
W Premium Indian Domain name DAKC.IN and WEBSTORES.IN for SALE General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
jedi Domain Super domain for an Indian Gold Price website..... IndiaGoldToday.com For Sale 3
A Brilliant domain. Indian festival .info domain For Sale 0
A Domain Appraisal for Indian .com Names Please. Domain Appraisals 3
R New indian domain auction site launching! Huge offer! You'r welcome! For Sale / Advertising 2