Indian Brands using Generic Phrases/Keywords - .IN and .CO.IN

IT.com

Aubits

Country flag
A recent trend in Indian marketing/advertising shows few companies using Phrases (social media) and .in/.co.in domains. Many Indian corporations own their brand names in .in/.co.in, however we think this is a new strategy where they are beginning to use multiple domain names in their category. Obviously with .com we have seen this over the years, owning a generic category killer domain has been a strategy.

Here are some of them:
Bajaj - a large corporate name in India with many brands
Allabouthair.in
allabouthair.jpg

Raymond - a household brand in clothing
Tailoryourstyle.co.in
tailoryourstyle.jpg

AllOut - another household brand
FightDengueforyourfamily.in
fightdengue.jpg

Oral-B (P&G Company)
ElectricToothBrush.co.in
electrictoothbrush.jpg

If this trend continues, we can expect many companies in India fighting over their #slogans or underlying category killer keywords. Thanks to the domainers in India who contributed this information. We think this is only the beginning and a much welcome sign.

Infact I found most of the big brands have used co.in ,
Check out adidas.co.in
SBI.Co.in
mgmotor.co.in
iobnet.co.in
StandardChartered.co.in
indeed.co.in

and many more. I still feel co.in is more co-operate oreanted extention over .in

Infact I found most of the big brands have used co.in ,
Check out adidas.co.in
SBI.Co.in
mgmotor.co.in
iobnet.co.in
StandardChartered.co.in
indeed.co.in

and many more. I still feel co.in is more co-operate oreanted extention over .in
Sure...good point. Although this article is about Big Brands using Generic Domains or Generic Phrases

Walmart India using BestPrice.in for their wholesale market website and advertises in store .
Another use of generic keywords in addition to the brand name
bestprice_walmart.jpg

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom