India to Get Its First Major Domain Conference

IT.com
I am very excited about this. It will be a great conference.

Also, INForum is one of the sponsors!

Good luck to organizers and sponsors. Glad someone is stepping up and taking the initiative.

Great NEWS! Thanks.....

PS: I think Ron unknowingly has posted an image of India's contours as a flag form from BigStock that is "invalid" - shows a cut off J&K state and should be removed

PS: I think Ron unknowingly has posted an image of India's contours as a flag form from BigStock that is "invalid" - shows a cut off J&K state and should be removed

Contact him - I'm sure he'll fix it.

Sounds pretty interesting and gives us enough time to make travel plans... Seem to have some pretty solid speakers lined up for this event as well - Ron Jackson, Deepak Daftari, Michael Castello, Michael Gilmour

DOMAINX

Jeff, I understand you're one of the sponsors - thats awesome! Are you planning to make it out? Im actually considering this...anyone else from the forum .in?

Glad to have partnered with INforum.in for DOMAINX 2014 Conference guys. I think Jeff is one of the most respected domain name investors in the (Indian) domain name industry, so would love to have him along with others from this platform.

Please let me know if I can be of any help!

-
regards,

Manmeet P Singh

I trust they will be having a .co.in/ .in auction or would that be illegal? ;)

I asked Manmeet about this yesterday and he said it would be illegal, which brings upon some questions, hopefully someone could pose these to the registry... not on my behalf :p

Why is the registry so against domainers and capitalism in general?
Why does the registry frown upon entrepreneurs that own multiple generic keyword domains?
Where is the line drawn that would make selling a domain or a website legal?
How does the registry assume what I plan to do with my domains down the road?
Does the registry realize it is curbing innovation by confiscating certain domains for ludicrous reasons (see honey.in)?
Why does the registry not embrace the power of the .in? .co and .me are perfect examples to look at. .in could stand for internet, international, incorporated... imagine the possibilities!

Manmeet, we wouldn't want to do anything to upset the registry - thats for sure, but how about an auction with Indian related domains - they could be .com, .net, anything but .in/co.in .... they'd still be relevant to the Indian Market?

Thoughts....

Manmeet, we wouldn't want to do anything to upset the registry - thats for sure, but how about an auction with Indian related domains - they could be .com, .net, anything but .in/co.in .... they'd still be relevant to the Indian Market?

Thoughts....

Paul, we will be announcing DOMAINX 2014 Agenda in next few weeks and you will be amazed at some of the developments :)

So does Sedo operate in breach of the .IN Registry rules when selling/auctioning .IN domains?

Yes but they don't care. When I did my auction a couple of years ago they took my money but did not promote the auction at all, so maybe they considered that complying?

And:

If you would like the .in registry to look as stupid as they are acting then have an Asia regional cctld auction, for instance .cn are actively promoted by auction and China is starting to dominate the domain market. Maybe throw in some .my, .hk, .jp, .com.au,.co.nz, etc.

And then add something like " we would love to be promoting our local cctld .co.in
/ .in however, strange as it may seem it is not allowed.Hence we are offering those from neighboring countries that do wish to promote their domain names"

The conference will attract international exposure and it would be interesting to see the spluttering responses from the registry.

Just my two pennies worth!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exciting!!!

Its .IN time anytime!!!

This is such a boost for the industry. Its definitely depressing that auctions cant be held, but hopefully that will change in the future. But markets will adjust and customers will still find sellers holding names they want and do transactions. Some big boys are going and thats super cool!! This industry seems to slowly but surely be transforming in a positive way.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exciting!!!

Its .IN time anytime!!!

This is such a boost for the industry. Its definitely depressing that auctions cant be held, but hopefully that will change in the future. But markets will adjust and customers will still find sellers holding names they want and do transactions. Some big boys are going and thats super cool!! This industry seems to slowly but surely be transforming in a positive way.

Its every TLD time, and lets help grow the domain name industry in India together :)

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom