India: Harassing me to register domain trademark :(

IT.com

Dewlance

INForum.in Supporter
Country flag
Hello,

From last few month I get 3 calls from Trademark registration company, 1st time they call me and said me that someone want to register my Domain name as a Trademark so I deny him, but after 15 days someone call me and ask me that he want to register company on my domain name..

Now, after a month I get a another call from Trademark Registry company and they offer me that they can register a trademark at Rs..... only.

Why I need to register a Trademark to save my domain? I use this domain from many years and also my Domain name registered in my City as a Shop name..

can I take a legal action against them?.. :(

Ask them to send you an explanation as to why you need to do this in an email and what their qualifications are to offer this advice.

Then you can post additional details of what looks like a scam.

I suggest that you need not worry. We have hundred plus trade marks and we get 2-3 letters (some times hand written letters) in a month giving us various kind of information / proposal like

1. Someone is trying register a similar trade mark
2. Our trade mark is due for renewal.
3. Buy / Sell offers
and so on.

This is simple marketing.

Most of these people are lawyers themselves, so taking legal action against them is not advisable.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom