ind.in and net.in ? which one is better?

IT.com

rex

hi all,

I need a help from you people. i want to register a domain and host a website
for a place in kerala . so i checked all the extension (com, net etc) are taken , even the co.in also .only .net.in and ind.in is there . Which one is better. i dont want to add any word to that place name and take com or net eg( placename+online) like that . if i go for ind.in or net.in i will get " www.placename.net.in " .Thats why i am thinking about this extensions Can anybody help in this.

thanks & regards
rex

Hi rex, from what I understand, it's only worth registering third level domains like .ind.in and .net.in if you have a very strong/premium keyword.

In answer to your question, I prefer .net.in. I think the ".ind" stands for "individual(s)" although I suppose you could always brand it differently.

Agree with prior comments. Also, people are used to "net" than "ind" extension, so it might make recall easier.

thanks ceres,

thanks for reading my post and reply. One more doubt is , if i host a domain which is with net.in extension , will it have a problem to get indexed in search engine. I am planned to take a domain for name of a place in kerala.

if you dont mind can you tell me other drawbacks of the net.in and ind.in
Since i got with the correct name . i want to make sure that , it should not be waste of time and money.

thanks and regards

One more doubt is , if i host a domain which is with net.in extension , will it have a problem to get indexed in search engine.

No, Google and Yahoo indexes .net.in just fine. See Google index of .net.in domains and Yahoo index of .net.in domains. You'd only have indexing problems if, for example, your site was flagged for not meeting Google's webmaster guidelines.

if you dont mind can you tell me other drawbacks of the net.in and ind.in

A .net.in will be harder to sell than a .in and .co.in etc.

You might lose visitors/traffic to the .in (for example, users might accidentally type Abc.in instead of Abc.net.in).

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom