.IN Registration Rates Reduced Until End of March 2010

IT.com

Ceres

I'm not sure if this is an extension of a previous promotion, but according to an article on The Hindu Business Line, .IN registration rates have been reduced from Rs 250 to Rs 200 until 31st March 2010.

In a bid to push up volumes for .IN domain, the National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) has slashed the basic cost for domain name registration payable by the registrars to Rs 200 from Rs 250.
.IN is India's top-level domain on the Internet. The reduced basic rate is applicable for a fixed period (up to March 31, 2010), sources said.
This discount is applicable to registrars who then sell .IN domain names to the public.

Note: this discount does not apply to renewals.

It would be nice if the IN Registry published some recent stats as to the number of domains registered to date...

Hello CERES

.IN and .CO.IN now available for only Rs.90/- , that means less than $2 each, we do domain registration via ResellerClub. (An Directi Company).

This .IN special pricing not applicable on Renewals, hence Rs.800 or $15 need to be paid for renewal of each .IN domain.

While attending CDAC seminar in India last month, I made an point to Additional Director at Department of Information Technology, INDIA. to make .IN registration prices similar to .COM

She assured me to discuss this important issue of .IN registration pricing with other Directors of Ministry of Information Technology, INDIA.

Regards
Danish K.
Ebiz4india.com

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom