.IN Promo Ending and New .IN Policy

IT.com
.IN promo is going to end on 30th June, 2012 and it seems this is the last LOW COST promo , This is your last chance to take your .In domain name.

Another important piece of information is that .IN registry posted a Anti Abuse policy on registry website.

Thanks for the update Mitsu!

What practical effect does the anti abuse policy have for domainers?

I think there will no effect to domainers,
Almost all things are not allowed by host it self.
If come some thing for coprighter material and piracy then that could be interesting. ;)

See the registry has placed this policy on very URGENT BASIS on their website (12.June.12) , which means it has some significant and for sure it has to do with some current registrations.

Thanks for the update Mitsu!

What practical effect does the anti abuse policy have for domainers?

I suppose this hasn't any implications on domainers as long as we follow the usual rules when registering domains (avoiding spam, TMs, etc.).

The Security Measures and the new policy was absolutely required..this protects the Integrity and Trust with .IN domains...

I dont think it would affect us as domainers a lot.provided u bind with the rules and u dont support hacking,phishing etc on ur website or domain...

The only thing which I would miss is the Low Cost Registrations for the .IN Domains... :( i hope the promo comes back soon...

The only thing which I would miss is the Low Cost Registrations for the .IN Domains... :( i hope the promo comes back soon...

Don't miss it- it has allowed some domainers handle good .IN domains like worthless treasure. It will also reduce drops AND reduce speculative hand regs.

Don't miss it- it has allowed some domainers handle good .IN domains like worthless treasure. It will also reduce drops AND reduce speculative hand regs.

Thanks to all, it seems policy is not complete on website as the copy which we got as internal communication is more detail, we are coordinating with registry to update on website.

Although it hurts to see the .in domain registration prices triple or quadruple, I think it is a good move for the long term. These are the advantages I can see:

1. Increase the overall perceived value of .in domain in the domaining world. We generally value a higher price tag item more than a lower one.

2. Decrease competition. Most non-serious players will be out, and encourage the serious ones to invest more in quality domains.

3. Since we will now be purchasing our domains at a higher price, this will prompt us not to settle for less while selling our domains. It is ultimately we who increase or decrease the value of .in domains. And if we, collectively, raise the bar and agree not to sell our domains for peanuts, in due course we will help increase the overall value of .in domains.

4. Decrease spam. As prices increase, those who use .in domains to spam (and I think this is one of the main reasons why .in prices are increasing in the first place) , will start looking for cheaper alternatives. And this will help improve and even save .in reputation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Govt added 12% service tax on domains.What you say about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont like its all step's. They have made us to stop using bulk sms.
Added ton's of restrictions on them.
There is no restrictions for google, facebook, and major companies Just distorted small companies.
Rich peoples becoming rich and poor's are still at same situation.
They never try to seal property of currupted peoples and some other improvments. Just add tax, and take loan from world bank. :(

RC Starting 9th July, 2012, you can avail of an amazing discount on .IN Registrations and Transfer-ins. All .IN Registrations will be offered at an irresistible price of Rs. 425! What’s more, Transfer-ins will be at an industry-best price of Rs. 399!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom