.IN hits 600,000 Domains + Promo Pricing to Continue until September

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
According to this article:
The Hindu Business Line : ‘.in' domain registration crosses six-lakh mark

there are now approximately 610,000 .in domains registered. That's quite a good increase in the last year! I'm glad to see things are growing so quickly.

Interesting to note that about 38% of all registrations are from outside India.

Unfortunately, it looks like the promo pricing will continue until September 2010. I think that's a bad thing, as it risks turning .in into a spammer's heaven.

It won't be too long when the gap between the number of internet users India and number of registrations of .IN domain names narrows down.

I shared the articles' links to someone who I know for a while now, who's been into .IN domaining for more than 2 years. He said that out of the 12 enquiries he got till date to buy his domains, 8 of them have come just in the last 7 months (7 companies and 1 individual)!

That could probably be an indication of the (relatively) increasing awareness levels of individuals and companies on the importance of owning domain names.

It's been 5 years since the registrations of .IN name began. The next 5 is likely to be the defining one!! Just can't wait for the exciting times ahead :).

Cheers!

12K-30K registrations per month>? WOW.

Now add this to the fact that India is going to have the most internet users by 2013.

All i can say is that I love me some LLL.ins..

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom