.IN Geo domain Value

IT.com
Cities from India & Countries Name-- Can fetch good $$

Not Sure about value of cities outside of India with .IN extension.

I like Indian one word city/district/town/ .in domain names. I havent had any offers on the few i own, but i think they have good and increasing value.But i dont think that market has taken off or launched yet.But i'm quite bullish.

Tushar is also very correct.

Although there has been the odd big sale of non-Indian geos (NewYork.in for $7400 springs to mind) I would definitely echo what has been said above and stick to India specific geos. As LLL.in King said, the geo market is yet to set sail in terms of reported sales but certainly has good future potential. I've sold one geo (bharatpur.in) to a hotel chain which I might have got more for if I had priced more aggressively so I would recommend not being shy with pricing high if the population is good and/or there is strong or rising tourist attraction in the area. It would also pay to research whether there are any big plans for building development in the area (housing, hotels etc)..

Hi,
What you think is the value of .IN geo domain (Countries names or cities)?

Although there has been the odd big sale of non-Indian geos (NewYork.in for $7400 springs to mind) I would definitely echo what has been said above and stick to India specific geos. As LLL.in King said, the geo market is yet to set sail in terms of reported sales but certainly has good future potential. I've sold one geo (bharatpur.in) to a hotel chain which I might have got more for if I had priced more aggressively so I would recommend not being shy with pricing high if the population is good and/or there is strong or rising tourist attraction in the area. It would also pay to research whether there are any big plans for building development in the area (housing, hotels etc)..

Agree with Will, LLL.in King above.

On non-Indian geo, there is another sale --- Texas.in which went for about $6,600.

On the Indian geos, I know these changed hands pune.in, rajkot.in 6-7 years back for about low to mid x,xxx . I have sold a city with size-able population in that range. I'm sure there are sales happening, but not getting reported for some reason. Also, I own a few city names from India, but these are smaller cities with not a big population. I would expect to hold city names with small population for longer. If you get cities with high population, I'm sure you would receive lots of offers especially from real-estate companies.

Thanks guys, Great information !!
What do you think about the value of the country domain names .in ? (Like European, Asian and African Countries)

Thanks guys, Great information !!
What do you think about the value of the country domain names .in ? (Like European, Asian and African Countries)

I think all countries in the .in extension are reserved/taken by the Indian government but I may be wrong?

I think all countries in the .in extension are reserved/taken by the Indian government but I may be wrong?
Yeah they are, not sure if VaticanCity.in or NorthKorea.in count as official country names. These were available to register at one point.

Just noticed that the UK countries - England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, are not reserved but UnitedKingdom.in is.

England.in has got to be worth quite a few lakhs but not sure about the others.

Agree with Will, LLL.in King above.

On non-Indian geo, there is another sale --- Texas.in which went for about $6,600.

On the Indian geos, I know these changed hands pune.in, rajkot.in 6-7 years back for about low to mid x,xxx . I have sold a city with size-able population in that range. I'm sure there are sales happening, but not getting reported for some reason. Also, I own a few city names from India, but these are smaller cities with not a big population. I would expect to hold city names with small population for longer. If you get cities with high population, I'm sure you would receive lots of offers especially from real-estate companies.

Thank you for your contribution Ace. I am encouraged by hearing you own a few city .in domains. I own a few,probably between 5-10. I recently bought 4 one word Indian geo .org domains though using Godaddy's "geodomain map"(or something like that. It shows in one of the drop down menus at the bottom) feature in the CP- Bokaro, Rajpur, Bhatpara and Brahmapur. We'll see how it goes!

Just noticed that the UK countries - England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, are not reserved but UnitedKingdom.in is.
Because those are not countries, they are UK territories. I dont want to be be un PC, but they all make up the "UNited Kingdom" so thats the only real independent country there.

England.in has got to be worth quite a few lakhs but not sure about the others.

Lets call it the Vanity extension effect. It can be lucrative for the right seller.

Because those are not countries, they are UK territories. I dont want to be be un PC, but they all make up the "UNited Kingdom" so thats the only real independent country there.

Hmmm, I would argue that the sovereign state that is the United Kingdom is made up of four constituent countries and certainly wouldn't refer to them as territories. I guess at the fastidious technical level they are not considered independent countries but I wouldn't risk saying that to any patriotic sporting fans ;)

.... coming from a completely unbiassed England rugby fan :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom