.IN Drop Catch Services

IT.com
We do provide support to customers who wants to secure their own domain name back......You may contact Mitsu...

Last edited by a moderator:
Please strictly note that we donot do any auctions....... Like other service providers are doing....(particularly HAXONET), which is purely illegal and even you may risk your domain name to be suspended by registry.

Though Vouching for Mitsu's services is not needed, I assume it will be a grand success.

Now that some ground rules and guidelines are being put in place, I wish it all the success. At first glance, looks like Sanjeev has given the guidelines a lot of thought and also at the same time taken enough care to put ethical practices in place.

Successfully registered domain name : domainappraisal.in for INForum Member, and given at regular price.

Thanks to All Mitsu Customers and Resellers, we are providing services to secure back your domain names which you lost accidently....at regular price.

dalhousie.co.in - We are giving as gift (no extra charges) to first Mitsu customer who PM us on this forum (Cost INR 79 payable)

dalhousie.co.in - We are giving as gift (no drop charges) to first Mitsu customer who PM us on this forum (Cost INR 79 payable)

Gone.

Jeff from Inforum did the first PM to us so he won the domain name, Keep eye on this forum, we will announce few more domains very soon.....

I have a question to Mitsu.
You got the hexonet .in drop catch service shut down, by manipulating the registry.
Isn't it unethical now for you to launch a drop catch service of your own?
Can hexonet restart their drop catch service now?

Dear German Domainer,

You wrote :
I have a question to Mitsu.
You got the hexonet .in drop catch service shut down, by manipulating the registry.

We are surprised to learn this from you, How you reach on this conclusion, we donot know ? We have nothing to do with hexonet's .In drop services shut down.

We cannot deny that sometime we are part of .In registry's decision making process but final decisions are always be taken by .IN registry's board. So this is completely wrong.

Isn't it unethical now for you to launch a drop catch service of your own?

We are also questioned by .In registry and why we are still in beta because of the clearance issue only ? If we can manipulate the registry then we have our services running years back...in lot of post we mentioned that we are awaiting .IN registry permissions.

We gave drop catch domains at regular price to our customers ? did hexonet ever did that ? Still we took domain names for our regular customers and friends and we never have motives to make profits from the services, this is not commercial services , on the contrary we want to give equal chance to almost every domainers to have domains.

Can hexonet restart their drop catch service now?

Who are we to give you the permission to start the services ?
If your services are within policy framework of .In registry then nobody can stop you from doing this.

But if you ask us personally then we surely want to mention that hexonet is directly and indirectly affiliated to Afilias and Afilias is technical service provider to .IN registry and do not you think it will be a unfair advantage to hexonet to provide such services ? This Hexonet services will surely effect the Afilias relation with .IN registry ?

In fact we donot want to write such things here but if you send us PM then we should have clear this issue to you , as there are lot of internal issues are involved ?

Thanks for your extensive reply.

We are not directly affiliated with hexonet, but know from trusted sources that you were the one who brought the issue of hexonet backorder service before the registry. While we do appreciate the fact that you are doing some good work in promoting the .in space, we are also concerned that some of your partners were involved in hijacking ultrapremium domains like jobs.in

We have been monitoring the performance of your drop catching services, and your success rate seems poor compared to hexonet's when they were running theirs. As such, we are not surprised that you want to "discuss business" with them.

I am all for entrepreneurship and proactive behavior. Thanks Mitsu for providing valuable services.

I have a hunch that somehow domain drop catching false under GREY AREA and am worried about possible consequences for acquiring a domain name through drop catching service. On the INREGISTRY website there is a dispute resolution policy here. Point number 6 in there states as below.

My problem is with "purpose of selling, renting" because if you look at the world especially America and Europe buying and selling is a legitimate business. Why not in India? we Indians are learning and adopting ourselves to western business models and personal comfort products, why not make INREGISTRY change this policy.

Why not LEGITIMIZE this business with some governing policies like any other and allow FREE TRADE. Create equal opportunity build confidence in investors etc why not....

You are a Registrar who actively engages with customers at this inforum.in, many of whom engage in buying/selling .in domains on a daily basis which is NOT ALLOWED by INREGISTRY. As a registrar are you not having conflict of interest? I hope and believe that You and other .in accredited registrars have for sure thought about this and are working on it.

1 person/1-2 person companies cannot risk to invest because of the above clause. This clause is what that is actually preventing me to use your services or any others. A small company cannot develop 1000's of domains or put place holders just to prove my intent to be protected from the LAW, It is TOO MUCH. Instead manage a small portfolio even with ability to invest in more .in domains, just not able to invest and pursue aggressively due to the above.

Thank you for your time you have a great night.

Thought it is apt to put out this question to you as you are an accredited .in registrar you can shed light on this matter more than anyone. If any of you think this is off topic please go ahead and move it or delete as you deem appropriate.

Thanks for your extensive reply.

We are not directly affiliated with hexonet, but know from trusted sources that you were the one who brought the issue of hexonet backorder service before the registry. While we do appreciate the fact that you are doing some good work in promoting the .in space, we are also concerned that some of your partners were involved in hijacking ultrapremium domains like jobs.in

We have been monitoring the performance of your drop catching services, and your success rate seems poor compared to hexonet's when they were running theirs. As such, we are not surprised that you want to "discuss business" with them.

Thanks for info, and you prefer to write on the open forum which we welcome.

> from trusted sources that you were the one who brought the issue of hexonet backorder service before the registry

It seems that you know lot and hide more.....it seems you are not happy with Mitsu's business progress...if you have any proof then send us PM or clearly write on forum, so we will know that we become so powerful that .IN registry work on our instructions...

> we are also concerned that some of your partners were involved in hijacking ultrapremium domains like jobs.in

Issue is here hexonet backorder services ? then how come this issue come in here ? this clearly shows that you have some sort of jealous over Mitsu progress, and same is clearly reflected in your post.

All Mitsu customers and resellers are Mitsu's partner in success and if they own any domain name they are always part of Mitsu only and we will always protect them from evil's eve.

> We have been monitoring the performance of your drop catching services, and your success rate seems poor compared to hexonet's when they were running theirs. As such, we are not surprised that you want to "discuss business" with them.

Your reply again give us surprise and sense of jealous feelings, Till now we have 100% success rate and INFORUM members can vouch this for us. As far as our drop services are concern we clearly mentioned in first post itself that we are giving this services to loyal customers and friends and we provide this services on request. And we still surprise how you know how many domains we drop catch or lost ?

Our drop catch figures is known to us only, so please stop beating around the bush (or Provide figures and proof) and all inforum members are smart enough to know all your tactics as this is your first post on this forum and same is very much clear that you join this forum to post against the Mitsu services without giving any evidences. Because we feel that due to our customer friendly services (like free escrow and drop catching etc.) and low cost domain name offerings lot of other registrars are not happy and this post (directly by registrars or their agents) is result of this frustrations only.

We receive lot of such threats and inputs from registrars as majority of them has gone out of business and loosing business at very fast pace (on or average Mitsu is receiving 5000 incoming transfers of .IN names per month and hope this figures will also be with them). So whenever we receive such post or inputs we always takes it positive and thinks that we are on right track and we are perfectly striking them on right place.

Mitsu will continue to offer customer friendly services at very nominal price or in free no matter whatever competitors write.

Mitsu want to discuss business with Hexonet ? why ? as one of their affiliate registrar contacted us for business support in India and we want to talk to them directly so we wrote this ? otherwise what we have to take from them ?

Hope things are clear here and we donot want to take this issue further unless you provide any solid proof on this forum.

I tried Hexonet's .in dropcatching and their success rate was high, my only two complaints with the service were:

- relatively high backordering price (about $70)

- domains with 2+ backorders were auctioned off (so the best domains were always awarded to the richest people)

Mitsu has a more affordable pricing and doesn't put domains on auction, which is great thing. But my complaint with Mitsu's service is that, in order to give everyone the opportunity to catch quality names, backorders should be received on a First-Come-First-Served basis (like Name.com does), otherwise only the richer domainers (those that own a large portofolio at Mitsu) will have access to the higher quality names (with 2+ backorders). @ Mitsu: I hope you consider my feedback.

I am all for entrepreneurship and proactive behavior. Thanks Mitsu for providing valuable services.

I have a hunch that somehow domain drop catching false under GREY AREA and am worried about possible consequences for acquiring a domain name through drop catching service. On the INREGISTRY website there is a dispute resolution policy here. Point number 6 in there states as below.

My problem is with "purpose of selling, renting" because if you look at the world especially America and Europe buying and selling is a legitimate business. Why not in India? we Indians are learning and adopting ourselves to western business models and personal comfort products, why not make INREGISTRY change this policy.

Why not LEGITIMIZE this business with some governing policies like any other and allow FREE TRADE. Create equal opportunity build confidence in investors etc why not....

You are a Registrar who actively engages with customers at this inforum.in, many of whom engage in buying/selling .in domains on a daily basis which is NOT ALLOWED by INREGISTRY. As a registrar are you not having conflict of interest? I hope and believe that You and other .in accredited registrars have for sure thought about this and are working on it.

1 person/1-2 person companies cannot risk to invest because of the above clause. This clause is what that is actually preventing me to use your services or any others. A small company cannot develop 1000's of domains or put place holders just to prove my intent to be protected from the LAW, It is TOO MUCH. Instead manage a small portfolio even with ability to invest in more .in domains, just not able to invest and pursue aggressively due to the above.

Thank you for your time you have a great night.

Thought it is apt to put out this question to you as you are an accredited .in registrar you can shed light on this matter more than anyone. If any of you think this is off topic please go ahead and move it or delete as you deem appropriate.

Thanks for bringing this question and as far as we know , we have answer on this query as under :

Red underline you mentioned is not new in .IN registry INDRP policy , infact this is part of originally UDRP policy and if you carefully go through the UDRP policy you will find these lines in that also.

As INDRP is based on UDRP policy and only two minor changes are there, otherwise both are almost identical policy.

It mean that same rules apply on .com domain names, and .com is available for drop catch by lot of registrar and even they are offering as auctions after catch but in .IN same is not allowed, why ?

Documents you mentioned above is nothing to do with drop catch ? nowhere it is written in above documents that domain name acquired through drop catch, it mentions that REGISTRANT acquired the domain name, so nothing to do with the registrar who provide the services.

As per .IN registry policy it never says that selling a business or developed website with domain name is offense, above red underline , for the purpose of proving BAD FAITH says that if you acquired domain name purely for the purpose of selling/renting......to the COMPLAINANT (who brings complaint to the registry) then if other conditions are fulfilled you may loose the name ? what is the big deal in that, same is applicable to .com also ?

In India buying and selling of domain names is still not find place as business, as our laws are still not clear that under what category we should keep domain name ? that is why we see different ruling from different high courts whenever issue comes up before them, some times they treat domain name as a TradeMark some time they treat as a tangible assets and so on. We will have to wait further two three years to accept this as a business, India is changing at very fast pace and we are sure that within next two three years we have clear cut guidelines on that. Accepting domain name buying and selling as business is ok but not at the cost of infringement of any party's right.

Even we studied American and European countries law on domain name taxation treatment and some time conflicts occurs at their hands also.

.IN registry have one BIG difference with .COM i.e. they say registrar should not be directly involved in auctions and sale of domain names whereas .com registry policy allows this.

Drop catch services can be allowed but .IN registry wants to make sure that the service provider should not have some kind of unfair advantage or unfair motives, as in the past (we donot want to name ) some of the registry's technical partner affiliates took advantage of situation and their contacts, and when issue came to registry's notice they immediately took actions and their drop services are stopped.

Even in .com if the issue is reported to registry, actions are always taken and UDRP never gives you any protections for selling domain names etc., if issue comes under UDRP, we saw in several ruling that cases lost by registrant.

As a registrar we donot find any issue or conflict of interest as we cannot control that why our customer purchase domain name with us ? if they purchase domain name for sale that is their choice , we cannot dictate the terms to them , when anybody registers the name we show them registrant policy and our duty is over, but if we receive any specific complaint only then we check if any policy violation is there or not ? Just like whois privacy for .IN , some time customer ask us they want the privacy protection and we clearly say them that same is not allowed but inspite of that some customer hide their information and if some complaint comes they surely comes in trouble so inviting trouble is the customer's choice.

Surely, we are receiving such feedback from our lot of customers and we will surely consider this.

I tried Hexonet's .in dropcatching and their success rate was high, my only two complaints with the service were:

- relatively high backordering price (about $70)

- domains with 2+ backorders were auctioned off (so the best domains were always awarded to the richest people)

Mitsu has a more affordable pricing and doesn't put domains on auction, which is great thing. But my complaint with Mitsu's service is that, in order to give everyone the opportunity to catch quality names, backorders should be received on a First-Come-First-Served basis (like Name.com does), otherwise only the richer domainers (those that own a large portofolio at Mitsu) will have access to the higher quality names (with 2+ backorders). @ Mitsu: I hope you consider my feedback.

I agree with The_poet. I always like DomainMonster.com for backorders Because they take only one backorder per name. Mitsu should do something like this....

Hi All,

This is Robert Birkner, Chief Strategy Officer at HEXONET. We recently found this post and thought we would clarify our position on the topic of .IN backorders. Generally, we do not post in forums and in fact this is our first posting on this one, however, whenever we think it may help customers we will make a posting.

HEXONET Backorder Service History:
We once offered a very successful backorder Service for .IN domains. Our success rate was very high, as many of you have posted, and we were able to maintain that success through excellent engineering and additional cost to us. Though the service was very well used and received, we terminated the service after the .IN Registry requested we stop. As always, we want to remain in compliance and have a good relationship with any registry we work with.

Why Auction Domains? Fairness and Equity is Important
We have lots of customers and resellers and thus lots of backorder requests for domains. In order to make it fair for all our customers trying for the same expiring domain, we introduced our own in-house auction service. The importance here is that the auction is IN-HOUSE meaning, it is only between HEXONET customers who originally backordered a domain. No external bids are allowed. This makes the auctions generally small and closed to only those customers who originally backordered the domain. In fact most cases, auctions are only between a couple of customers. We think this is the fairest way and in fact most of our customers agree with us.

First-come-first-Serve Domain Backordering of .IN Domains
We are currently investigating whether the .IN registry now allows such a service. If the .IN Registry gives us the okay to offer our .IN backordering on a first-come-first-serve service, we will most definitely start it up again at reduced rates.

To everyone in this posting, best of luck with your .IN registrations. If anyone wants to personally contact me about this issue, please feel free to email me at rbirkner@hexonet.net.

Best Regards,

Robbie

@hexonet

Yes, your service was rather good but my biggest complaint was the auction system. Fairness and equity actually are in the FCFS backorders, which give everyone (not just the richest guys) the opportunity to catch domains. Name.com and DomainMonster understood this and designed their backorder systems this way. The customers of yours who preferred the old system are actually people with deep pockets who'd like to catch all the good names for themselves.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom