.in, co.in, net.in, org.in - Stats

IT.com

Tomko

Country flag
HI,

I have done a statistical evaluation of the Top 1000 Alexa rankings within .IN (Thanks again mwzd for the link ;) )

Stats in %:

.in ------------- 62,8% (= 628 are .in Domains)
co.in -------------15,9% (= 159 are .co.in Domains)
gov.in -------------6,3
ac.in -------------5,9
nic.in -------------5,8
org.in -------------1,1
net.in -------------1,0
edu.in -------------0,6
ind.in -------------0,3
res.in -------------0,2
gen.in -------------0,1%

I was surprised about the big Number of .IN Domains in contrast to .co.in-Domains. Great News for .in Investors!

Tomko ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the analysis Tom.

And I'm not surprised that .in is at 63% compared to 16% for .co.in

What does surprise me is that .net.in / .org.in account for 2.1% of the top 1k developed .ins :eek:

Tom & Samit,
Thank you for the information.

Few other observations:
a) .in domain names are used both locally and internationally.
(Some sites host questionable contents and registry may suspend these sites/domains)
b) Around 70% of the top 1000 sites are truly developed.
c) For the non-corporate sites, the quality of the name does not matter, less than 0.5% (around 40 sites) of the top 1000 site's domain names are one word dictionary names.

Generally, I have seen .co.in gets more type in traffic that .in.However, .co.in is not that popular among international domainers.
Also, people are also using .in for website targetted towards international audience as well.

a) .in domain names are used both locally and internationally.
(Some sites host questionable contents and registry may suspend these sites/domains)
b) Around 70% of the top 1000 sites are truly developed.
c) For the non-corporate sites, the quality of the name does not matter, less than 0.5% (around 40 sites) of the top 1000 site's domain names are one word dictionary names.

Great info. Can someone tell me how many .in's are regged now presently? 1-2 million?
So we know it's low, which means that shouldn't base one what's going to be the future entirely or even at all. 1.3 billion people, should be 1 bill reg eventually. so we're at 1/100 of the future market, say in 2020.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom