.in and .com

IT.com

Nomad

Do .in are sought as a bit inferior to the .com extension. Most of the .in are Indian based networks, but if someone who targets a global audience and uses .in extension would it be treated equally with .coms. I have heard a lot about .info domains not treated at par with .com domains, ane their SERPS being changed too often by Google. So is .in at par with .com .

I think that Google actually ranks .in domains higher on Google.co.in, so there is a bit of an advantage there.

Also, not all companies in India have international aspirations. For the Indian market, .in is often a better choice.

Even for international companies, it often makes sense to set up a separate .in website to target the Indian market.

Yea I have seen that .in ranks higher on google.co.in, .in have better traffic from google.co.in. But what to do if you wished to have a .com domain but it was already used and you have to use .in instead. would Google treat them equally?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom