Image Editing Tools

IT.com
This depends on many factors, cost being one of them. Are you looking for the paid up or free ones? I've used Picasa before which is a free tool compatible with most operating systems.

Without a doubt the best place to edit images is Photoshop. However, if you're not a pro at graphic design or just want something simple, I suggest GIMP or Pixlr, both are free.

Without a doubt the best place to edit images is Photoshop. However, if you're not a pro at graphic design or just want something simple, I suggest GIMP or Pixlr, both are free.
Is Adobe Photoshop paid up for or is it free? I tried to download it once with little success. Like you mention, anyone needs some basic graphic design skills to (effectively) use this, but I guess it's never too late to learn anything.

I've used Picasa before which is a free tool compatible with most operating systems.
Picasa is no longer supported and cannot be downloaded according to Google. If you have it, make sure you hold on to the installation files.

Is Adobe Photoshop paid up for or is it free? I tried to download it once with little success. Like you mention, anyone needs some basic graphic design skills to (effectively) use this, but I guess it's never too late to learn anything.
PhotoShop is a paid program and difficult to learn from my prospective. We had a copy at work and several people used it but I never quite got the hang of it.

PhotoShop is a paid program and difficult to learn from my prospective. We had a copy at work and several people used it but I never quite got the hang of it.

Agree with that. Unless you're going into this on a professional basis, photoshop is overkill.

Those were my exact thoughts when I tried to go through Photoshop. I think there are people who are genuinely used to what we'd consider the 'complex' stuff.

You can get a month free with Photoshop to test it out. However, if you want to use it long term, you have to pay a fee, but they do have some great package deals.

I've heard good reviews about Pixlr but the same people who root for it agree that Photoshop is the best so far, despite being an expensive program that's difficult to master, besides necessitating formal training.

I've heard good reviews about Pixlr but the same people who root for it agree that Photoshop is the best so far, despite being an expensive program that's difficult to master, besides necessitating formal training.
I don't think that you need formal training exactly. You could always watch YouTube or buy a book on how to use Photoshop. However taking a formal class for it is just a waste of time these days in my opinion.

I don't think that you need formal training exactly. You could always watch YouTube or buy a book on how to use Photoshop. However taking a formal class for it is just a waste of time these days in my opinion.
Well, I think it actually depends on a person since there are people who actually don't need any form of training. Personally, I'd need some training so as to fully grasp such complex things.

Gimp is too complicated for me, but I've never heard of anyone else having a problem with it. I have more luck with Krita which is also opensource. It's compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and more.

Gimp is too complicated for me, but I've never heard of anyone else having a problem with it. I have more luck with Krita which is also opensource. It's compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and more.
I had a hard time with Gimp also. Will try Krita. Thanks for the info.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom