If You Can’t Even Remember Your Own Website Don’t Expect Others To…

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Here is an excerpt of an article from Online Domain, whose owner Konstantinos received an enquiry in which the owner himself is confused with their domain name:

I have found out that in countries that allow both first level registrations like .hk and second level registrations like .com.hk for years, people tend to either remember .com or .hk when presented with a .com.hk url. So their customers are either typing .hk going to a not found page or they are typing .com that takes them to a webpage owned by a totally different company in some other part of the planet.

To make matters worse their “contact us” page lists the wrong email address for the company. They have written info@**********.com instead of info@**********.com.hk. And the email address link is wrong too. I checked archive.org and the email address is wrong for at least a year now. No one has discovered the mistake.

Source

Well, a precaution here:

If you are using a second level domain name, remember to check the email address on the website is correct. Also, it's better to own the first level name together with the second one.

Like, if you are using .co.in, its always good to own the matching .in also. That's my personal opinion.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
DNJournal.com A Six-Figure Memento Will Help Sedo's Dave Evanson Remember This Week's Sales Chart The Lounge 0
F 6Ls Clovic.com, Short, Easy To Remember On Godaddy.com Auction External Auctions 0
DomainVillas Cybertron.Net -Premium 1-Word Domain - Powerful, Easy To Remember External Auctions 0
CJ Bell.ws old, short, commonly used, easy to remember, brandable premium domain External Auctions 0
S Easy to remember DOT COM domain Non-India Related Domains 0
O AdultsChat.net! 8,100 exacts! Simple, easy to remember name! Adult Domains 1
D Lily.co.in - Single Word - Flower Name - Easy to Remember For Sale 5
ebiz4india Nice Short, Easy To Tell & Remember - Singapore4.com - EstiBot Appraisal $170. Non-India Related Domains 0
Prashant Sharan After making millions for others, domain broker Arif Sengoren opens his own shop Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Airbnb Hosts seem to be building their own direct booking websites Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan DNW Podcast: Should you get your own TLD? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Godaddy now wants to woo domain investors in its own way Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan The recent UDRP decision for SteveJobs.com has its own flaws Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ How to Become a ‘Rockstar Domainer’ by Developing Your Own Domain Assets Development Options 0
JulienJ Should You Make Your Own Landing Pages? Development Options 0
JulienJ Does the Domain Industry Suffer From Own Versions of Trumpted “Fake News” Stories? The Lounge 0
Nishith What If Domain In Godaddy Auction Own By Different Person? Legal Issues and Dispute 3
Saki Doing your own SEO Marketing Your Website 6
Jas Building your own hosting Hosting 7
Dusart Daughter wants own blog The Lounge 4
Mallard Do your own promotion? Marketing Your Website 10
DomainSherpa (Almost) Free Email Hosting for Your Own Domain Name The Lounge 0
Tigger Do You Own Domains? The Lounge 2
domainking131 Mark Monitor Has to Protect Their own Intellectual Property Legal Issues and Dispute 1
domainking131 45% Of US Banks Own A .BANK Domain Name New GTLDs 1
M To sale own domain Domain Appraisals 0
domainking131 End Users Don’t Own Money Trees Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 End Users Don’t Own Money Trees Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 "I Bought My Domain, So I Own It ― Right?" Not Necessarily Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Building .Buzz: How Bill Doshier Wound Up Running His Own Domain Registry The Lounge 0
DomainSherpa Eat Your Own Dog Food; Sherpas Review Drew Rosener's Portfolio The Lounge 1
domainking131 How to hide that you own a domain name Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Sydney joins global cities as applications open for its own gTLD New GTLDs 0
CyberKing BitTorrent opens Bleep alpha to the public (they dont own the dot com !) The Lounge 0
silentg ★★ SharedServerHosting.com ★★ Start Your Own Hosting Company Non-India Related Domains 0
the_poet Study: 70% of Indians Own a Mobile Phone General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
the_poet How many domains do you own? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
R Start your own hosting company Zero Investment. Its Amazing. For Sale / Advertising 0
skyshipper renewal notice for domain's i do not own, error or scam Legal Issues and Dispute 2
ebiz4india InternetDirectory.in - Start Your Own Directory Business For Sale 1
wot Your own registrar or--? For Sale 0
V Create your own site of small ads... and win some money Websites 0
I Computing in your own language is now a breeze The Lounge 2
Xarzu I want to write my own wordpress plugin Webmaster Forum 3
dreamzgaurav Optimize Own Website For Bing? Webmaster Forum 11
Ceres 100% of Top Indian Banks Either Use/Own Indian Domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Gaurish Your Own Domain name registration service Non-Indian Domains 16
Ceres How Many Indian Domains Do You Own? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 24
D Home remedies, wellness product review website, advertising available For Sale / Advertising 0
Raising Maria Free Website Hosting With Cpanel | Lifetime Free - Raisinghost.com! Hosting 0