If I Were to Create these domains...

MadHatter

I'm thinking of creating some different domains with unforgettable names so people could just remember them more.

I was thinking maybe something like BlueBaboon.in or something along those lines.

Are those a bit too weird for domain names?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
If you have a specific use for them they're fine; if you plan to resell them you're probably wasting your money. If you're reselling, you want to stick with domains that have meaning to many people.

MadHatter

If you have a specific use for them they're fine; if you plan to resell them you're probably wasting your money. If you're reselling, you want to stick with domains that have meaning to many people.

Alright; thanks Jeff. I appreciate the feed back! So, maybe odd domain names aren't the way to go?

Mairu

Alright; thanks Jeff. I appreciate the feed back! So, maybe odd domain names aren't the way to go?

Right! If you have a domain, say, fluffybunny.in, people aren't sure what they're going to expect. Now, if you have buyfluffybunnies.in, people are dead sure that they're going to expect to buy fluffy bunnies. You see how this works, Mad?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit Last week's top three sales were not .COMs Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit ICANN is punishing domainers - .info, .biz and .asia contracts were renewed too!! Registrars 0
JulienJ The domains BTB.com, Swarm.com and TheatreTickets.com were reported as sold Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Short and Sweet: 12 of the Week's Top 20 Sales Were 3 Characters or Less The Lounge 0
domainking131 Three 3L.com Domains Were Sold More than ¥1 Million CNY Price Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Eight LLL.com Domains Were Acquired By Maizi Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest SEDO.com Sales | Average Transaction Size = $4,045 | 58% of Total Sales Were Via 'BUY NOW' Listings Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Week's Two Biggest Domain Sales Were .Nets With a ccTLD 3rd - .Coms Still Take 13 of Top 20 The Lounge 0
DNJournal.com The Year's Three Biggest Sales Were ALL Posted This Week With One Topping $900,000 The Lounge 1
domainking131 Sedo transactions total $1.2M; 61% were Buy It Now Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Short .Coms Continue Chart Dominance - 11 of Week's 12 Biggest Sales Were 3 Letters or Less The Lounge 0
domainking131 You might not be able to register that .APP domain you were so keen about New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Tool to find which new gTLD domains were registered the previous days Resources 1
domainking131 .EU awards were a winner. Check the winners Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 UK police close down 2,500 domain names that were selling counterfeit products Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Four more gTLds namely .Vote, .Voto, .Bid, .Okinawa were delegated New GTLDs 0
T Why were comments removed? The Lounge 3
CyberKing Sedo in 2013 sold $70.5 million worth of domain domains, 53% were .com Non-Indian Domains 0
ajf7688 Couple of available .in domains which were dropped over the months Available / Expiring Indian Domain Names 1
C warning, my computer was bugged and email accounts were hacked The Lounge 2
Jeff Were there Registry Security Issues? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Digital Pandit 17 year old used nCoV2019.live to create “one of the largest covid19-tracking websites gloablly” New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit Do Read: Google’s .Dev domains will create a dent in your pocket New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit Create an SPF record to show that your domain does NOT send email Resources 0
domainking131 Discover these insider tips on how domains create value Resources 4
H How to create implement payment on my IOS App Development Options 2
domainking131 15 US companies assure Rs 5,000 crore investment in Andhra Pradesh, to create 10,000 jobs The Lounge 0
anquest Commercial.PROPERTY Sells For $25K | Create.MEDIA For €5K (appx.US$5,650) || The DNJ TOP 40 Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest Create.MEDIA Sells For EUR 5K (appx. US$5,646) | Pocket.MONEY For $2,799 | The SEDO.com Weekly List New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Donuts launches ad campaign to create awareness about new gTLD New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Rightside hackathon to create tools to support gTLDs Non-Indian Domains 0
K Create.info, Audio.biz - No Reserve Auctions at Flippa External Auctions 0
V Create your own site of small ads... and win some money Websites 0
qualitypoint Is it possible to create second cPanel Account? Webmaster Forum 0
Ceres Various Ways to Create a Mobile Version of Your Blog Webmaster Forum 0
Ceres Cricket Enthusiasts Create APL The Lounge 0
Digital Pandit How I finally got the domains I won on SnapNames Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Liquid domains report: $17M in Escrow(.)com domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Domains vs Bitcoin: The Ultimate Challenge and Why Domains WIN and WIN BIG! Resources 0
Digital Pandit A bunch of emoji .y.at domains just sold for $30,000+ and I’m confused Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit BCG delves into the $2B secondary market for .com domains Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton: List of people to follow to learn more about Handshake domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit What does the popularity of Club House mean for .CLUB domains? New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit List of ROTD Live Auction Domains Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Do DogeCoin domains hold promise? Resources 0
Digital Pandit KickStart Commerce Podcast: Mike Sallese on Riches in the FinTech Domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit Rick's Musings: Trying to buy and sell domains with a keyword from a recent sale is not a good practice Resources 0
Digital Pandit Rick's 10 step guide to flogging domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit 82.5% of .eu domains have a web server connection Registrars 0
D LLLL.net, keyword and other domains for sale Non-India Related Domains 0