IE8: New Features

IT.com

Ceres

The Earth Times talks about IE8 and some of the new features we can expect to see:

- Browser will load faster. Time will tell if this is true!

- New map features will allow you to highlight an address, right-click and select map to get directions.

- The InPrivate feature allows you to browse the web without having your browsing history stored for others to see. Other browsers already have something similar.

- If IE8 detects that you are on a potentially dangerous site, the entire address bar will turn red. This sounds like a great feature.

To learn more, click the link at the beginning of this post.

Sometimes I use Internet Explorer (but mainly FireFox). However, once IE8 is officially released, I will likely test out some of the new features to see if there's a big difference between IE7 and IE8.

Internet Explorer 8 is now ready for public use. I've now upgraded from IE7 to IE8:

- I haven't noticed that the browser is any faster.

- I like how you can very easily access the list of sites you've closed since you started Internet Explorer. That's handy, as I tend to return to many of the same websites throughout the day.

- I haven't encountered any red address bar, but hey that's a good thing as it means I haven't stumbled upon a potentially dangerous site. ;)

- I like the Accelerator feature. You can add your favourite translator or map etc, and whenever you need to translate or look up map directions, the Accelerator provides a nice shortcut.

I'm tempted to switch from Firefox to IE...but first I'll test IE8 for a few more days.

Have you upgraded to IE8? If so, what you do think and have you encountered any problems?

I'm tempted to switch from Firefox to IE...but first I'll test IE8 for a few more days.

After a few days of testing, I've decided to stick with Firefox. I'm finding the IE8 browser very slow. Too bad...

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom