I want to buy a new domain, any suggestion please

husnaina

I'm new newbie about using domains and buying website. So please give me advice.
I own website and two same domains with .net and .org. My website is non-profit (8 months old) and I'm using .net domain. My .org domain is parked. I read some posts on internet and they suggest that nonprofit site should use .org domain for benefits in search engine. Domain .com is already register from someone else and I guess it's too expensive to buy.
Should I change my domain from net to org with 301 or continue using my website with .net or maybe try to find another domain with .com extension. if you will find any expired profitable domain also share with me.

Yes, I think a dot org would resonate better with a non-profit. It's the extension used by many non-profit organizations. What you can do is transfer all your content over to the dot org domain, then put a re-direct from your dot net to the dot org.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Best place to buy .in domain name ? Cheap rates and best support? Please suggest ! General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
Digital Pandit Should I wait for a domain name to expire or buy right away ? Resources 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton one the one big mistake startups make when trying to buy a domain name Resources 0
S Buy Now Prices- Domain Names For Sale 0
Digital Pandit John Colascione: Global Epidemic opens up an unusually great opportunity to buy Domain Names Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Scalpers Fashion fails to buy domain through UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Joe Styler decsribes “How to buy a domain that someone else owns” Resources 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton: What should you say to someone if you want to buy a domain name from them Resources 0
Digital Pandit Read this: When you buy a dead person’s domain name Resources 0
DNJournal.com IT Company Cumberland Fills the Gap With a 6-Figure Buy That Tops This Week's Domain Sales Chart The Lounge 0
K i want to buy a domain for health blog Domains Wanted 5
JulienJ Domain negotiations : Never refer to “alternative options” when seeking to buy a domain Resources 0
JulienJ What Type of Domain Names Do We Like To Buy? Resources 0
A Is it a bad idea to buy Hindi domain names now? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
D I want to buy a domain but... Business and Economy 13
G Buy LLL.in and NNN.in domain names Domains Wanted 2
G I buy .in domain names Domains Wanted 10
domainking131 What domain names to buy this week Non-Indian Domains 0
DomainSherpa [Tutorial] Know Before You Buy: Domain Name Due Diligence – With Bill Hartzer The Lounge 0
domainking131 RetailMeNot Spends $4.3 Million To Buy New gTLD Domain Names New GTLDs 0
DomainSherpa Where to Buy the Hottest .IO Domain Names That Startups Want – With Mike Carson The Lounge 0
D Has anyone used GoDaddy's Domain Buy service for selling domains Webmaster Forum 0
domainking131 Ways to buy used Domain names Resources 0
D Want to buy a dot com domain with the word "games" in it Domains Wanted 4
B Quick Buy "thiov.com" Domain One day Sale Non-India Related Domains 0
DNJournal.com How Bill Karamouzis Plans to Change the World With a Big Idea and a Bold Domain Buy Non-Indian Domains 0
I Buy a $15 domain and the second domain is FREE. Only today... External Auctions 0
C Where do you buy your european domain names ? Non-Indian Domains 5
R Buy .in domain web site is operational For Sale / Advertising 0
R Interesting Results for "buy .in domain" General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
R $10 domain names (less if bulk buy) For Sale 0
S looking to buy automotive parts domain name with PR Domains Wanted 0
A Urgent appraisal- Of this domain im planning to buy! Domain Appraisals 11
S How Can I buy .in Domain??? LLL.in and LLL.co.in 5
S looking to buy travel related old domain Domains Wanted 10
O Looking to buy traffic domain For Sale 0
T $10 Domain names, or Make Me An Offer,Buy more than one, make a deal Non-India Related Domains 0
Digital Pandit Rick's Musings: Trying to buy and sell domains with a keyword from a recent sale is not a good practice Resources 0
Digital Pandit GoDaddy to bring in Buy Now lander for aftermarket domains Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Kassey Lee examines what domains do Chinese Companies want to buy Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Chinese Domains: Domains that Chinese internet companies want to buy Resources 0
V What's the best way to buy a bunch of domains and fill the space for my project? The Lounge 2
B 200-300 LLL.in domains for sale, Buy now and get the premiums LLL.in and LLL.co.in 0
N smokeless.in hotair.in ween.in bluenet.in homeboy.in buy now 100 usd each For Sale 0
Digital Pandit How to buy expired domains without battling in an auction Resources 1
Digital Pandit GoDaddy will buy Nustar's registry business for $218 M Registrars 0
Digital Pandit With MyEtherWallet, you can now buy .crypto domains Registrars 0
D Want to buy : LLL.in LLL.in and LLL.co.in 0
Digital Pandit You can buy “LUG.COM” exclusively from TLD Brokerage Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton : This is a time to buy not sell Resources 0