I-Newswire.com rebrands as Newswire.com for 6 figures

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
I-Newswire.com, a popular press release distribution service, rebrands as Newswire.com.

Negotiations were going on for more than a year and finally, the company bought the domain name last week for 6-figures.

A partner at Newswire.com shared the following insights about what motivated the company to buy the domain name:

“For several years we experienced growth and rode the trend of the “i” era. However, we felt it was getting old and didn’t like the fact that we had a dash in our domain name. My business partner and I are both domainers so we always had an eye for the non-dashed version of I-Newswire.com, iNewswire.com.
So a few years ago we had the opportunity to buy iNewswire.com and we did. Though we never did a full transfer over to that domain because, while it was an upgrade, we felt it wasn’t worth the risk of losing our rankings and traffic.
Fast forward to today, we were fortunate enough to finally acquire the best name for our company, Newswire.com. That name was so strong we figured it was worth the “calculated” risk with our traffic and rankings.
I say calculated because we first consulted a few professional SEO’s to make sure we did the move the right way and do whatever we could to mitigate lost rankings as much as possible.
It’s early on but we’re confident we did the right thing. Hopefully a year from now we can say it was well worth the investment.”

Source: DomainInvesting.com

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom