I need an urgent appraisal on ShareTrading_in

IT.com

the_poet

Country flag
Someone is bothering me via Sedo with $60-$70 offers claiming to be the previous registrant of the domain that let it drop by mistake. Now, what kind of value can this domain reach in the Indian market? I need to know this so that I can respond firmly.

Thank you

I think you have got a good domain here.

I see quite a few searches and ads on Share trading . The CPC is also quite high.

Anything less than mid XXX to low X,XXX you are probably giving it away.

Good luck

I agree with domainventure. If he/she wants it back for development purposes then they can pay an end user price - the stats and potential behind the name will cover their costs easily if developed properly. It's mad that someone thinks they can justify giving a lowball offer because of their own failure to renew the name. The fact that he/she is desperate to get it back indicates the domain is worth a lot more than 70 bucks

Thanks, guys. Yes, it looks like he's an indian enduser. His rationale is funny because he's trying to desperately get the domain, while on the other hand he keeps on saying he can spend just a few dollars and get new business cards with a new name. In his own words, I should be grateful to him for his $70 (or $20, since Sedo takes a $50 commission) since I'll never get more than that on the domain. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Same old story - "This is a great offer that will never be beaten...blah blah blah".

Maybe you could point him to the sale of sharetrading.net.au (not even the top level .com.au) of over $1000 last year, and the minor population difference between Australia and India - India has 7 times the population! The potential value is clear (I say potential because of the obvious economic differences between the two countries at the moment)

Thanks for the "generous" offer, but no thanks. ;)

Same old story - "This is a great offer that will never be beaten...blah blah blah".

Maybe you could point him to the sale of sharetrading.net.au (not even the top level .com.au) of over $1000 last year, and the minor population difference between Australia and India - India has 7 times the population! The potential value is clear (I say potential because of the obvious economic differences between the two countries at the moment)

Thanks for the "generous" offer, but no thanks. ;)

Even funnier is that he first contacted me last week, but soon closed the bid thread. Today, after 6 days, he sent another $60 offer.

So do you guys confirm that share trading is more common than stock trading in India?

I'd up your minimum offer on Sedo so he either goes away or offers close to what it's worth.

Not too sure about the popularity of the two different terms but a search in google.co.in indicates more Indian based companies prefer the phrase "share trading". Would be better getting an opinion from someone based in India though..

Ok as someone based in India , share trading is a much more common term than stock trading . - it's actually "sharemarket" that we use most frequently . Tell the previous owner - if they claim to be so...to go and register something else or pay the right price for a nice name..it's worth $xxx(mid-high) end user..though if i am seeing right as to the previous owner , you can price it higher.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom