How to value Indian Geographic domains

IT.com
Great article - thanks for sharing!

Has anyone here had success at selling Indian geographic domains to end users or developing them?

One thing I'm never sure about is where the geo has the same name as the district in which it is located - does one consider the value as coming from the characteristics of the entire district, or just the geo.

And I have noticed that India changes its geo names a fair bit.

Has anyone here had success at selling Indian geographic domains to end users or developing them?

One thing I'm never sure about is where the geo has the same name as the district in which it is located - does one consider the value as coming from the characteristics of the entire district, or just the geo.

good question.
Jeff I have purchased a city cum district name for 2000 USD in 2009. Offcourse I had kept the end user hat while buying that name , i have also purchased some geo names with the re-seller hat for low xxx to mid xxx between 2009 to 2013.

I personally consider the value of district too , district usage is part of the life of the people and some of the district populations are bigger than the smaller US states populations. So there will be an additional value it will gain, just IMO.

Thanks Jeff. I sold around 15 .in geo domains in all that time (I mean since 2010-2011). Honestly they don't sell well and compared to other types like LLL.in's or keywords they drag behind. In general I have invested more in purchases & renewals than earned from sales. Luckily some of the geos also earn a bit on parking. I still believe they are a good medium-long term investment, but for now the offers are pretty low and usually not excess 100 - 200 USD.

If a town has the same name as the district, this is obviously good for its value. Indian districts usually have around a few million population and the local government institutions are concentrated in the district capital. Such names also tend to have more traffic as the local govt website is often active under similar name. I also own a few district-only names and they also receive some traffic.

Interesting thanks. I think geo domains are no brainers, because they have a lot of resonance. Where do you go for information about Jaipur? Why, to Jaipur.in of course. That being said, I think it will take some time still for that type of thinking to crystallize.

Also, for people not from India, you have to realize just how many people are in India. Here in Canada, a city of half a million is considered quite large. In India, that would be nothing.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom