How to value Indian Geographic domains

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Great article - thanks for sharing!

Has anyone here had success at selling Indian geographic domains to end users or developing them?

One thing I'm never sure about is where the geo has the same name as the district in which it is located - does one consider the value as coming from the characteristics of the entire district, or just the geo.

And I have noticed that India changes its geo names a fair bit.

domainpundit

Country flag

Has anyone here had success at selling Indian geographic domains to end users or developing them?

One thing I'm never sure about is where the geo has the same name as the district in which it is located - does one consider the value as coming from the characteristics of the entire district, or just the geo.

good question.
Jeff I have purchased a city cum district name for 2000 USD in 2009. Offcourse I had kept the end user hat while buying that name , i have also purchased some geo names with the re-seller hat for low xxx to mid xxx between 2009 to 2013.

I personally consider the value of district too , district usage is part of the life of the people and some of the district populations are bigger than the smaller US states populations. So there will be an additional value it will gain, just IMO.

Kokoro

Thanks Jeff. I sold around 15 .in geo domains in all that time (I mean since 2010-2011). Honestly they don't sell well and compared to other types like LLL.in's or keywords they drag behind. In general I have invested more in purchases & renewals than earned from sales. Luckily some of the geos also earn a bit on parking. I still believe they are a good medium-long term investment, but for now the offers are pretty low and usually not excess 100 - 200 USD.

If a town has the same name as the district, this is obviously good for its value. Indian districts usually have around a few million population and the local government institutions are concentrated in the district capital. Such names also tend to have more traffic as the local govt website is often active under similar name. I also own a few district-only names and they also receive some traffic.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Interesting thanks. I think geo domains are no brainers, because they have a lot of resonance. Where do you go for information about Jaipur? Why, to Jaipur.in of course. That being said, I think it will take some time still for that type of thinking to crystallize.

Also, for people not from India, you have to realize just how many people are in India. Here in Canada, a city of half a million is considered quite large. In India, that would be nothing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J High value indian domains for sale.... For Sale 0
E 7 top business value Indian domains on sale: $300 only now via SEDO External Auctions 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton : Inbounds per month = Your portfolio's value Resources 0
Prashant Sharan LMX.com opens to all liquid domains irrespective of their EstiBot appraised value Registrars 0
L Some good .com domain names for sale.have brand value For Sale / Advertising 0
Prashant Sharan Accor S.A. acquires super high value All.com Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Rick Schwartz signs a contract for ACRepair.com for a min value of $1.5M Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Dictionary Word .com needs to have a utility to be of value Resources 0
Prashant Sharan LLL domains can fetch you good end user value in China Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Nice Read : Can discounts lead to demotion in the value of domain names? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast: Leveraging the search engine value of expired domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan You might be sitting on a low liquid value portfolio Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Dimensional domains retain their intrinsic value among the Chinese Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Rick's musings: Need, Want, Desire, Value, Demand, Timing & Location Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton's Two Cents: Too often people confuse domain age with domain value General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Prashant Sharan Webinar : How to Value and Sell for Profit ".io" domains with Mike Carson New GTLDs 0
JulienJ DAVE EVANSON HAS COMPLETED MORE HIGH VALUE, PUBLISHED SALES THAN ANY OTHER BROKER IN THE DOMAIN INDU Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ How .COM Domain Names Have Changed Value Over Time; Commercial Interest Term Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Will the recent .WS emoji sales increase the value of .WS domains as a whole? Non-Indian Domains 2
domainking131 Endurance writes off $13.8 million in domain name value Business and Economy 2
domainking131 Difference Between Price, Value: How to Assess an ICO Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 A Minute’s Silence For Altcoins as Bitcoin Highs Slice Value Across Markets Cryptocurrencies 0
Gaurav74 iRT8.com (Freevaluator value = $ 2,006.08) External Auctions 0
Gaurav74 usmarket.info (Estibot value is 640 USD) Auctions 0
Gaurav74 50lakh.com (Estibot value is 340 USD) Auctions 0
ritchie Website's long-term value Business and Economy 2
Dusart True Value of Website Webmaster Forum 5
Connected The Value Of A Chat Forum Webmaster Forum 6
Deepesh K Patel I would like to know the value of these domains Domain Appraisals 2
domainking131 Discover these insider tips on how domains create value Resources 4
domainking131 How a Google Analytics change may be skewing your view of SEO’s value Marketing Your Website 0
DomainSherpa The Rise of .io: How to Value and Sell for Profit - With Mike Carson The Lounge 3
D Domain Value? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
flippingdesk Great NLL (.in domain) for sale - Estibot appraisal value $6300 For Sale 1
B WebGraphics.in - Please provide what you think is a fair value for this domain Domain Appraisals 1
domainking131 Before he created billions in shareholder value, he had to master public speaking The Lounge 0
domainking131 The Hidden Value of Optimisation Webmaster Forum 0
domainking131 What's The Value Of Your Domain? Non-Indian Domains 0
tiawalling Value of 3c.in General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
V Value of LNLN.com and LNLN.in General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
P Short and Value Domains including Buugy.com, Viareggio.org and more External Auctions 1
domainking131 The Value Of A Domain Is What You Make It Non-Indian Domains 0
DomainSherpa Massive Volume .Mobi; Tracking Elusive Registrants; IDN Value; Shameless.Sucks; .Video Vs. .TV The Lounge 0
techno Reseller Value for LLL .in and Others ??? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
DomainSherpa Negotiating Hand-Registering Names; GoDaddy's 200K Domain Portfolio; 2-Word .NETs Value; Exact Match The Lounge 0
T .IN Geo domain Value Domain Appraisals 10
W Sunnyvale.in - Estimated Value - $1500 For Sale 0
W Lansing.in - Estimated Value - $5000 For Sale 0
I KeywordResearchTools.com ($2) - A $6,300 Estibot Value External Auctions 1
domainking131 .TV grows in value as Online video Surges New GTLDs 0