How TLD affects SEO

IT.com

Jas

I'm still not sure about how certain types of domain have a higher chance of being successful with SEO compared to others. SEO is mostly largely affected by content generation and other technical details (such as submitting the websites and so on), so it makes me confused about how .com or .net are the winners when it comes to this topic.

Today I was reading a blog post on this topic and the conclusion there was that TLD names don't affect sites in terms of SEO, so a .COM and a .gTLD would rank equally good or bad, depending on the SEO efforts of the site and content administrators.

If you wish to read the blog post I'm talking about you can do it right here: Do New Top-Level Domains Affect SEO?

I think it's more a question of habit. The most natural assumption of site address is that it's a dot com. Anything else needs a bit of extra effort. However, if a site is bookmarked, then the extension doesn't matter at all. As for the search bots, I don't think they have any particular preferences where extensions are concerned. What makes a different is the content of the site.

And these days I think people rarely write the URL of the site they are trying to visit. Instead they click a link (mostly a shorten URL) or a bookmark so it doesn't really matters what domain we use. It matters more because of branding and marketing, and for those cases where a business uses offline advertisement because then they DO need people typing their URL on a web browser.

I have noticed that many people do not type the site address directly. They are more likely to type a name into Google search instead. That's where the SEO makes a difference. The sites listed by the search engine are ranked according to their appeal to search bots. Search bots are motivated by SEO.

That is true, once you break that point of getting a bookmark then it doesn't matter at all what the extension is. You are right though too in that it is just a matter of personal habit to a certain extent, and that will probably never change.

To make your site easier to bookmark, just add a bookmark plugin to your site. There are many available and they are free to use. Just choose the one you like and use it. Then your site will be bookmarked and your regular visitor can get to your site with just one click.

That's a simple solution that will increase the number of bookmarks the site has. At the same time we should locate it well or else no one will notice it.

I don't think that TLDs affect SEO at all, it's more of a matter of people having been conditioned to think 'dot com' whenever they think of websites and that is the first thing that they type when they do a search.

Nation based domain extensions like .us or .de will cause a website to rank better in the nation which has the targeted extension. Therefore, if your wanting a large audience outside of one certain nation, then you might want to consider using a a more general extension Nonetheless, note that some nation based extensions like .co are now general ones.

I have noticed that many people do not type the site address directly. They are more likely to type a name into Google search instead. That's where the SEO makes a difference. The sites listed by the search engine are ranked according to their appeal to search bots. Search bots are motivated by SEO.
I myself have done this quite often, especially for websites which I don't visit very often. Thinking along that point, it probably means easy access if the address contains specific keywords related to our content, to make it show up on the search engines easier. That shows that it's not really a question of what TLD is used, but what keywords are chosen.

Google treats all top-level domains the same, google judges your website based on its content not what domain you have nowadays. Just make sure the company that controls the domain is trustworthy as some of them have been known to take away domains that get popular.
Of the new TLS’s, .club is probably the most trustworthy.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom