How much is correct?

IT.com

Saki

Let's be honest, now days most people look everything up online, including legal advice. My question is, how much of the stuff that you find online about domains and the laws pertaining to it is actually 100% legit?

I wouldn't trust everything I came across online. There's a lot of information out there that you can't adhere to 100%. That is why it is much better to rely on a lawyer and/or attorney for interpretation and guidance. You do not want to rely on such and have no fall back plan in case things go haywire.

I agree with @ritchie. Not everything you read online is 100% accurate. I look for multiple sources that say the same thing. Then my confidence level goes up but still I do not trust 100%. Only 99% trust IF you can prove the background of the person giving the advice. It is too easy to "claim" expertise when there really isn't any. Only 100% trust in a lawyer with experience in the field of domains.

That pretty much sums it up @JackD. I only go online if and when I want to ascertain the information gotten from a lawyer. There are countless articles and/or blogs looking to generate traffic and/or remain relevant hence anything posted in these platforms may not be accurate.

I agree that everything you read out there is not 100% valid, however, that being said, there are some really good law sites that you can get the right information on. Be sure that the law firm that you choose online is licensed in your country/state.

I always say that no one ever needs to learn the hard and that's why it is prudent for anyone to sieve any information gotten online with the caution it deserves. I agree with @Abhijit that checking whether or not a law firm is licensed is important. There are many 'briefcase' companies/firms that are purely exist to rip others off.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom