How Many Indian Domains Do You Own?

IT.com

How Many Indian Domains Do You Own?

• Currently, I don't own any Indian domains.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I own between 1 and 10 Indian domains.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I own between 11 and 50 Indian domains.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I own between 51 and 100 Indian domains.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I own over 100 Indian domain names.

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters
Interesting - thanks!

What's the legal situation regarding domains in China? I had always heard that the Chinese government could take your domain away at any time without notice.

Interesting - thanks!

What's the legal situation regarding domains in China? I had always heard that the Chinese government could take your domain away at any time without notice.

Basically rubbish. Same as anywhere if you break the rules then you will lose the domain. Otherwise there are no problems.

Because there had not been idn in general usage most Chinese domain names were/are English transliterations of Chinese words or in many cases numbers.

This is now likely to change as IDN are now in vogue Large websites such as www.新浪.cn (sina.com.cn)、www.腾讯.cn (qq.com), www.人民网.cn (people.com.cn) have started using .中国 names. (You can use IDN.中国 within China, but outside of China, you have to use IDN.cn for now)

Cool - I'll look into it further.

A lot of what could be said about the future of the internet in India is also true for China.

Thanks for the info.

great post by wot.

just one point though.

search engines or internic? converts punyacode to IDN .however it usually keeps the .com as it is.(in the browser box)
does it appear as local language in certain browsers?
This is now likely to change as IDN are now in vogue Large websites such as www.新浪.cn (sina.com.cn)、www.腾讯.cn (qq.com), www.人民网.cn (people.com.cn) have started using .中国 names. (You can use IDN.中国 within China, but outside of China, you have to use IDN.cn for now)

com too would be converted into 32 bit characters cos you will be typing the entire name in a 32 bit language..but can anyone confirm this?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom