How long to transfer a domain?

wot

Country flag
It takes 4 to 5 days from RC to other registrars.

I just transferred 2 .com from GD to Dynadot in 10 minutes!

Why is there such a discrepancy?

the_poet

Country flag
When you transfer a domain from GD to any other registrar, you can wait a few days or you can confirm it immediately by choosing "Pending Transfers" in the "Domains" menu. As far as I recall, only GD has this option.

Last edited by a moderator:

domainpundit

Country flag
Transfers from dynadot to other registrars also happens the same day, Dynadot sends a final authorization request to domain owner once the current domain owner authorizes the transfer , as per as my experience with in 2 hours the complete transfer can be completed. I think its up to the loosing registrar in implementing their own process in loosing a domain from their account.

wot

Country flag
Transfers from dynadot to other registrars also happens the same day, Dynadot sends a final authorization request to domain owner once the current domain owner authorizes the transfer , as per as my experience with in 2 hours the complete transfer can be completed. I think its up to the loosing registrar in implementing their own process in loosing a domain from their account.

Enom,Name.com -most of the prominent registrars can complete in a max of 2 days.
I told RC some months ago and they said they couldn't do it?

How long with Mitsu?

We are also adopting same five days approach but in some cases where our clients request with reason then we also releases the domain name.

Why five days ?

If any fraudulent transfer takes place then this enough time to alert the registrant where they have setted some kind of whois change alert services.(Alert services provided by lot of third party sites but not by Mitsu).

Five days period is in the interest of customer only. Transfer is not the services which is used by customer frequently , in a domains life a regular customer takes transfer three to four times max.

wot

Country flag
We are also adopting same five days approach but in some cases where our clients request with reason then we also releases the domain name.

Why five days ?

If any fraudulent transfer takes place then this enough time to alert the registrant where they have setted some kind of whois change alert services.(Alert services provided by lot of third party sites but not by Mitsu).

Five days period is in the interest of customer only. Transfer is not the services which is used by customer frequently , in a domains life a regular customer takes transfer three to four times max.

Then how long would it take? I have had cause to transfer some 20 names in the past few weeks,the .co.in/.in have taken 5 days the .com etc 10 mins to 48 hours.

RC would not even consider expediting transfers which is a pain particularly when I have been a customer for more than 7 years and spent a LOT of money with them.

I am now steadily moving all my names to Dynadot as they come up for renewal.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit Chinese Domains: Two facts one should know before making investments in long numeric domains Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Rob Monster : The Future of Domain Name Brokers and The Long Tail Resources 0
Digital Pandit Why are these Chinese domains so long? Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Price control removal will have a long term impact on the domaining Registrars 0
Digital Pandit ZADNA boss sacked after a half year long "misconduct" investigation Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Read and Comment: How long did it take to make your first sale? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
JulienJ After long fight, Donuts adds .charity to its gTLD stable New GTLDs 0
JulienJ Charlie Lee: Bullish on Bitcoin And Litecoin Long Term, Short Term Impossible To Predict Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 So Long, $10k: Bitcoin Price Unstoppable As $11,000 Becomes New Benchmark Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Could Bitcoin’s Bubble Lead to Long Crypto Winter? Cryptocurrencies 0
ritchie Website's long-term value Business and Economy 2
Dusart How long to develop business website? Development Options 8
domainking131 Chinese domain market sales : On the long way to market recovery Non-Indian Domains 0
tithidomaintrade LLLL.in or LLL.co.in - which is better for long term investment? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
domainking131 Had any LLLL .com domains? Prepare to be spammed for a long time Non-Indian Domains 0
DomainSherpa Are .COMs Values Increasing; Outbound Sales Calls; ICANN Passes the Buck; Long Marriages... The Lounge 0
DNJournal.com Long Holiday Weekend Brings Aftermarket Lull Offset by Sale Over $5 Million in Escrow The Lounge 0
DNJournal.com Long Isn't Always Wrong: Three-Word .Com Tops This Week's Domain Sales Chart The Lounge 0
mukta Long list of good indian domains for sale For Sale 9
DNJournal.com Back By Popular Demand: After a Long Absence TRAFFIC Returns to Las Vegas This Month The Lounge 0
the_poet How long before can a newly registered domain be pushed at BigRock.com? The Lounge 1
domaining123 Very long domain name! The Lounge 3
R How long did the last lll.in buyout last ? LLL.in and LLL.co.in 6
T How long before .In extension matures???? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 16
Dman Lessons learned from 16 years of commercial .com (long post) General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
S how long you use a computer in day ???? The Lounge 11
L how long will the domain of .in or co.in be cancelled after expire data General Indian Domain Name Discussion 8
Jeff Has the .IN Promotion Gone On Too Long? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 17
D Topjobs.co.in available for sale or on long term lease! For Sale 0
T laptopapps.com for sale! Won't last long! Non-India Related Domains 0
SecondWave Ok its long but Domain Appraisals 5
P still a long way LLL.in and LLL.co.in 12
OzDomainer Domains for long term development. Domain Appraisals 3
I Make Offers For Long Term gain...Bollywoodstars.in etc. For Sale 6
C how long we must hold .co.ins to get good price General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
Digital Pandit Sav joins Afternic Fast Transfer network Registrars 0
Digital Pandit ICANN comes up with new excuse to allow the .org transfer Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Namecheap brings Sedo MLS fast transfer into its ambit Registrars 0
Digital Pandit GoDaddy gets AuthCode-less domain transfer patent Registrars 0
ramkumaritrvs .in @ ₹ 390 | .co.in @ ₹290 - Register, Renewal, Transfer - Unlimited General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Digital Pandit NameCheap is now hand in hand with Afternic DLS Fast Transfer network Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Sedo has updated its Domain Transfer Agreement Registrars 0
Jeff Transfer of Registry from Afilias to Neustar General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Digital Pandit Lawsuit filed by Stanley Pace to halt transfer of Lascal.com. Legal Issues and Dispute 0
D Registrars not sending authorization emails for domain transfer Registrars 3
JulienJ GoDaddy gets extensive aftermarket domain transfer patent Registrars 2
JulienJ Afternic increases fast transfer limit to $100k Registrars 0
JackD Port-out scams involve the malicious transfer of a phone number, away from its current telephone com The Lounge 1
JulienJ Syria.net provides rare look into transfer dispute Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ Court orders Tucows to transfer 3.2 million domains to Namecheap Registrars 1