How long to develop business website?

Dusart

Banned
How long would you say it takes for someone who isn't skilled to learn about developing a business website and to implement what they have learned if they are starting from scratch?

Connected

Based on that question alone, I would say 6 months. Add on the question of when that site will be profitable, I would have to say 1 year.

ritchie

Do you mean perhaps attending classes or just learning on their own? It's difficult to place a duration because I think everyone is different. Passion is the driving force behind everything we do and the absence of it definitely spells doom.

Dusart

Banned
I understand what you mean about everyone being different, but assuming that the person was learning at a normal pace, I guess six months does make sense, doesn't it?

Britney

I started learning from scratch about how to create your own website and generate traffic, and it's been over a year and I'm still learning. Of course I'm implementing everything I'm learning so it's not really the same.

Geordy

This kind of business is one where you have to learn continuously in order to keep up with the ever changing industry technology. I think that 6 months would be sufficient time to just get the basics down.

Mallard

What type of business website? If it is a one page site for a local business, then they should be able to get it in a week or so, especially if they pay for a hoster who has a site-builder. If they want e-commerce and sales, then there's the issues with security, third party merchants, design etc, and six months seems appropriate if they are coming to it completely fresh.

Britney

You seem to know a lot about this, Mallard. I've only ever learnt what I needed for the one type of site that I'm running. I've never thought about how it might be different from ecommerce sites and other business websites.

overcast

I think business and business website both are ongoing process. And you can't have set it and forget it type of solutions. If there were to be any, it'd not be making much money for sure. I suggest working with your site on seasonal basis. This way you can update with any changes in your business.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit Chinese Domains: Two facts one should know before making investments in long numeric domains Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Rob Monster : The Future of Domain Name Brokers and The Long Tail Resources 0
Digital Pandit Why are these Chinese domains so long? Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Price control removal will have a long term impact on the domaining Registrars 0
Digital Pandit ZADNA boss sacked after a half year long "misconduct" investigation Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Read and Comment: How long did it take to make your first sale? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
JulienJ After long fight, Donuts adds .charity to its gTLD stable New GTLDs 0
JulienJ Charlie Lee: Bullish on Bitcoin And Litecoin Long Term, Short Term Impossible To Predict Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 So Long, $10k: Bitcoin Price Unstoppable As $11,000 Becomes New Benchmark Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Could Bitcoin’s Bubble Lead to Long Crypto Winter? Cryptocurrencies 0
ritchie Website's long-term value Business and Economy 2
domainking131 Chinese domain market sales : On the long way to market recovery Non-Indian Domains 0
tithidomaintrade LLLL.in or LLL.co.in - which is better for long term investment? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
domainking131 Had any LLLL .com domains? Prepare to be spammed for a long time Non-Indian Domains 0
DomainSherpa Are .COMs Values Increasing; Outbound Sales Calls; ICANN Passes the Buck; Long Marriages... The Lounge 0
DNJournal.com Long Holiday Weekend Brings Aftermarket Lull Offset by Sale Over $5 Million in Escrow The Lounge 0
DNJournal.com Long Isn't Always Wrong: Three-Word .Com Tops This Week's Domain Sales Chart The Lounge 0
mukta Long list of good indian domains for sale For Sale 9
DNJournal.com Back By Popular Demand: After a Long Absence TRAFFIC Returns to Las Vegas This Month The Lounge 0
wot How long to transfer a domain? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
the_poet How long before can a newly registered domain be pushed at BigRock.com? The Lounge 1
domaining123 Very long domain name! The Lounge 3
R How long did the last lll.in buyout last ? LLL.in and LLL.co.in 6
T How long before .In extension matures???? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 16
Dman Lessons learned from 16 years of commercial .com (long post) General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
S how long you use a computer in day ???? The Lounge 11
L how long will the domain of .in or co.in be cancelled after expire data General Indian Domain Name Discussion 8
Jeff Has the .IN Promotion Gone On Too Long? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 17
D Topjobs.co.in available for sale or on long term lease! For Sale 0
T laptopapps.com for sale! Won't last long! Non-India Related Domains 0
SecondWave Ok its long but Domain Appraisals 5
P still a long way LLL.in and LLL.co.in 12
OzDomainer Domains for long term development. Domain Appraisals 3
I Make Offers For Long Term gain...Bollywoodstars.in etc. For Sale 6
C how long we must hold .co.ins to get good price General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
domainking131 Indian Engineers develop an app that could make people stop using Google Search The Lounge 0
E I would ike to develop my domain names by creating websites Development Options 5
CyberKing What this means to others ccLTDs - CityPlanet inks deal to develop 4,700 .RU Websites Non-Indian Domains 0
S How to develop a website? Development Options 7
FishSEO 82 Short .in/.co.in Domains For Sale: develop.co.in , limo.co.in, skis.co.in For Sale 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton: From a great domain name to a great business with Beehouse.com Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton is all praises for Flippa's online business valuation tool Resources 0
Digital Pandit DN Journal: Two Dozen Experts discuss 2021 State of business industry Resources 0
Digital Pandit KickStart Commerce Podcast: Stephen Campbell on no-code domain development subscription business Resources 0
Digital Pandit DNW Podcast: Nick Loper discusses investing in domains and other business ideas Resources 0
Digital Pandit Post the sale of its public DNS business to Neustar, Verisign increases focus on .com Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Facebook can enter the retail registrar business? Registrars 0
Digital Pandit CentralNic's parking revenue grows and more than balances the slump in its registrars business Registrars 0
T The Evolution Of Cloud Computing And Enhanced Business Efficiency Marketing Your Website 0
Digital Pandit CEO Stephan Ramoin talks about how the Gandi's tagline "No B.S." has defined the approach to business Resources 0