How Helpful Are .IN Sales Reports

IT.com

SRW

Country flag
IMHO, posting the list of .in/co.in sales is detrimental to the value of .in/co.in domain names. We (alone) have sold three .in domains that would be listed as #2, #3 and #6 . . . as well as others in the top 25. I understand WHY .in domain sales are listed but the results are unintentionally deceptive because the overwhelming majority of .in/co.in are not reported. Accordingly, end-users or late to the party domainers/investors looking at this list will form an opinion on the value of .in/co.in domain names and that valuation would be based on incomplete data.

I look at the list and I think that sellers sold short. Sorry, I am not being critical and I do not have a solution per se but when I viewed the list I thought . . . ughh . . .. this isn't very helpful to tout the true value of .in/co.in domain names.

We do not report sales when we sell direct to end-users but brokers DO report sales. As such, you missed a domain that Sedo brokered for us (and reported to dnjournal) a few months ago. (wash.in for $15,000). It was an ABSOLUTE STEAL at $15,000 . . .but we needed to eat (the timing benefited the buyer). If dnjournal had not reported on that sale, nobody would know because neither the buyer nor seller would be reporting it. We don't want to sell similar quality domain names for only $15,000 . . . .but I wanted to give you that example to illustrate the mindset of registrants with high value .in domain names. Sit tight.

Moved to its own thread as this is a worthy discussion topic of its own.

I do think you are correct. However, I think that having some data is better than having no data available.

I'm also sure that all the highest sales go unreported. I've heard of other 5-figure USD .in sales that were not reported.

I'm not sure what can be done about this, but it would be great if there was a solution.

PS congrats on the wash.in sale!

Moved to its own thread as this is a worthy discussion topic of its own.

I do think you are correct. However, I think that having some data is better than having no data available.

I'm also sure that all the highest sales go unreported. I've heard of other 5-figure USD .in sales that were not reported.

I'm not sure what can be done about this, but it would be great if there was a solution.

PS congrats on the wash.in sale!
agree with jeff , having some kind of data is better than having no data .

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom