How do you approach an end user for .In domains?

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
I was just wondering how to approach an end user for your .IN domains. I mean many .IN buyers are reluctant to pay good price for a valuable name.
How do you approach an end-user for your .INs?

Do you quote the asking price in INR or USD?

Do you consider only individual buyers or companies who are established in India as your end user or any company that may be thinking of opening up an office in India and has a name similar to yours?

How do you negotiate? Since Indians are very good at negotiating, how do you quote for your domains and to what extent do you negotiate?

For .in I just use inbound sales.

I've used outbound sales for other extensions though. I generally just let people know that the domain is for sale, then if they are interested they reply back asking for a price. You can generally expect people to negotiate for something lower.

I approach any relevent end user; the size of the end user relates more to pricing than to whether to approach.

I was just wondering how to approach an end user for your .IN domains. I mean many .IN buyers are reluctant to pay good price for a valuable name. How do you approach an end-user for your .INs?

You need to back your price with something and convince why the domain is quality, brandable, catchy, etc. The best way to back the price is to find sales of similar domains or the same keyword in other extensions. For that reason, you can search domaintools.com/buy/sales-history/ or domainmarket.in/sales/ or any other similar database (as you know, only a small fraction of total sales is made public and even less stored in such db's but on many occasions still possible to find something).

In my first response I don't go into details and just send the price + 1 or 2 sentences like "Thank you for your interest in ....... The price for that domain is ...." and that's all. The game starts from the second email. :)

Do you quote the asking price in INR or USD?

USD.

Do you consider only individual buyers or companies who are established in India as your end user or any company that may be thinking of opening up an office in India and has a name similar to yours?

Whoever contacts me. :)

How do you negotiate? Since Indians are very good at negotiating, how do you quote for your domains and to what extent do you negotiate?

Basically I quote the price I would like to sell the domain. It doesn't matter whether the inquirer is an individual from India or a company from abroad. At the same time I set up a floor price for myself which should not be crossed during negotiations (but it is not really that rigid and if the gap is really small I tend to accept even for a bit less). If you are confident in your domain value, you won't be susceptible to any negotiation tactics. The "final offer" is often used as a part of the game and you never know if that's a bluff or not. It happens that after a few days the buyer says he/she found some extra funds and either accepts your price (which is often already lowered to floor price during negotiations or close to it) or sends an acceptable offer.

It all depends how confident you are in your domain. For example, I recently auctioned one Geo domain for $200. The price was low but that domain wasn't of high quality and since I own many better Geos, it was good to cash that one. Earlier this year I rejected a $1000 offer for one of my LLL.in's because I'm convinced it's worth more and no negotiation tactics can change that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom