How do .IO domain prices compare to .COM?

IT.com

JulienJ

Recently I was talking with another startup founder about domains (yes this happens quite a bit) and she asked a really good question – how do .IO prices compare to .COM. I didn’t have a great answer so thought I would do a little bit of research and find some comparable sales. Here’s a few examples that I found:

• HB.com sold for $100,000, HB.io sold for $16,000 (.IO valued at 16% of .COM)
  • Beauty.com sold for $800,000, Beaty.io sold for $15,000 (.IO valued at 1.8% of .COM)
  • Payment.com sold for $250,000, Payment.io sold for $8,888 (.IO valued at 3.6% of .COM)
  • RSS.com sold for $135,000, RSS.io sold for $8,823 (.IO valued at 6.5% of .COM)
  • Bucket.com sold for $30,000, Bucket.io sold for $7,000 (.IO valued at 23% of .COM)
    (Source – NameBio)
Okay so first things first…this is very far from a statistically significant survey, I just spent ten minutes trying to find five different examples of names that sold in .COM and .IO to compare. So the results here are probably almost completely meaningless, but hey I wanted to have some data to look at.

With these five sample sales, .IO indexed in on average at roughly 10% of the .COM price.

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom