How can I choose a web hosting?

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by husnaina, Oct 3, 2016.

1. husnaina

husnaina Pakistan New Member

Hello,

I have a problem on how to choose a web hosting. I am completely a newbie.
    Recently, I have built a woo-commerce website based on WordPress in the localhost, and just finished the development.
    And now I have trouble in web hosting selection.

When I search "web hosting" via Google, tens of thousands of web hosting companies popped up.
    I am really tensed of which one to be chosen. Every one of them said they are the best among all.
    I don't really understand how to determine which one is suitable for me...
    Any help is highly appreciated!!

2. oportosanto

oportosanto Portugal Member

I think it's great that you are placing the question here. I am not an expert myself, but I am pretty sure you'll get feedback here. What sort of troubles are you having?

3. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree Wongwanlee Malaysia Member

This is what I usually do when I am shopping for web hosting. I go to the Web Hosting Talk site. Many companies, big and small, are represented there. It's a tradition to give special offers for festive seasons. Since they seem to have a penchant for turning just about any occasion into a festive season, there are offers all year round. Look for the ones which let you try for free or try for nearly free. That way you can try out their services at hardly any cost.

4. kunnusingh

kunnusingh India New Member

I am expert in this field.

How to chose best hosting company?
    • Find at lest 5 to 10 hosting company.
    • Check their company age, whois registration date and If both match then filter it and few provider will be left. Like 3 hosting company left in your list.
    • Open a Ticket with this hosting company and check their response time. You can ask question like "Your hosting plan include cPanel?" or "What is your hosting server IP Address? I need hosting".
    • Provider will reply you and you will only need to check who quickly reply to your ticket. I mean response time.
    • If they provide server IP or even If not provide server IP then monitor their server or their main hosting website for few days using any online monitoring site and check uptime.
    • Open a another ticket with their billing system or ask them to forward your ticket to billing department, Check response time of billing department and If response time is good then chose them.

- Make sure provider do not hide whois details.
    - Read TOS/Privacy Policy before choosing them.

Jeff likes this.
  5. NoeIST

NoeIST Serbia New Member

Home Page:
    If your site is wordpress based then the best solutions for you ( especially if you are a beginner ) is managed wordpress hosting such as: wpengine , pagely , irist etc..

6. kausarhosting

kausarhosting India Member

Home Page:
  7. Kaitlin

Kaitlin South Africa Member

I think the advice from Kunnusingh is really good, and worth following if you're a total newbie to finding great hosting. I had the same problem starting out, and it's forums like this one that really helped me make the right choices.

8. Irfan Shafi

Irfan Shafi India Member

Home Page:
    It's a very broad topic because only a person that can provide you answer is who has tested top company web hosting, however if you have time to read then i have written tons of topic about that. http://shoutscoop.com/choose-right-web-hosting-website/ . But if you dont have time then i will say the few things you should check before buying web hosting package are :

• Uptime
    • Speed
    • Support
    • Customer Support
    • Security strength
    • Refund Policy
    • Server location
    Meanwhile Wpengine is best for wordpress but its very costly, if you are a newbie then i am sure traffic will not be 5000 pageviews per day , then look for a shared hosting like Inmotion hosting, Bluehost or siteground. After you will start getting massive traffic. you can upgrade your plan.