How Are Your Parked Indian Domains Doing?

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I'm just wondering how well people are doing with parking their Indian domains.

Several of my lll.co.in actually get decent traffic, but the click through rate is low as it's difficult to determine what people are looking for. My highest traffic domain is an LLL.co.in that gets about 300 type ins per month (but nominal revenue).

In terms of revenue, again my best performer is an LLL.co.in - which earns $3 to $4 per month. Other than that, not too many of my domains do well.

You'd need to earn about $0.50 per month for a .co.in to pay for its registration fees and about $1 per month for a .in to pay for its registration fees. Several of my domains come close to this but except for that one LLL.co.in, none actually exceed it. Part of the reason I think is because of the low PPC that the domains seem to get even if there is decent traffic.

How are people doing in terms of parking traffic and revenue?

I have 121 .in/co.in/org.in etc parked at Sedo currently, month to date revenue on them is around $140. The clicks are generally really low, usually .03-.08 average no matter what my keyword or category, with a few exceptions. At least 25% of the domains make no revenue at all.
Prior to them being at Sedo I had them all parked at BigJumbo, where the revenue was fantastic by India standards, and CTR was incredible too because of thier page design, over 100% ctr on names was normal. About October or so, all my domains at BJ (not just .IN) just absolutely tanked for me, it's like they just shut revenue off, and CTR dissipated, a massive 75% or more drop across all domains, so after 2+ years I stopped using them.
Sedo could be better in the India department, it seems like ppc bids are decent according to the google tool, we just aren't seeing it.

Thanks dillpupp - that's actually pretty good!

What kind of names have the highest revenue?

I should add that most of my names are at Namedrive. Some are at Sedo and some are at Parked.

I've got alot of solid LLL and LLLL acronyms like dvat.co.in, which stands for Delhi Value Added Tax, and highly searched phrases like "indian result" in indianresult.co.in. And if there's a debate about whether .IN or CO.IN gets more traffic anywhere, CO.IN wins hands down, it's not even close by any stretch of the imagination.
In many instances I own the IN and CO.IN of the same domain, and in one example the .IN has 59 views this month, the CO.IN has 199.

***.in 1,205 10 1,149 573 47.55% $0.04 $18.49 $1.05 $21.22 $22.28
***.in 911 60 559 223 24.48% $0.05 $11.07 $0.80 $9.29 $10.09
***.in 432 5 268 92 21.30% $0.09 $19.00 $0.38 $7.83 $8.21

3 month revenue at DS for three random LLL.IN

A few at Sedo make over $5 a month consistently.

I took my top LLL and made simple mini-sites with decent adsense returns (better than parking).

Many NNN pay for themselves over the year but are less consistent on a month-to-month basis..

* A few years ago I bought a number of premium LLL.IN and than bought the corresponding LLL.CO.IN for the names with the highest traffic after several months - while it is true that in general the .Co.In receive more traffic/revenue the .IN are much easier to sell for a solid capital return. In fact I have sold several .IN to 'non-Indian' corporations who were not even interested in obtaining the .CO.In for FREE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for sharing!

DomainLobe - how are you deciding what kind of ads to display on your LLL.in?

Good thread and good topic. Optimization of LLLs is really the struggle that can help us succeed big time, or keep getting very low CTRs.
As for me, i currently have about 15 LLL.in and probably 10 LLL.co.ins(that i intend to keep). the traffic on my LLL.ins is steady, and will probably increase. I barely know the proper keywords to use, and so my CTR is usually 5-10%. my LLL.co.ins too get some traffic, but my best performing one is a triple premium hand reg from 08. it probably makes 0.20-0.70c per month. The double premium LLL.ins i bought off the list are really picking up with their traffic, and this AGAIN shows why LLL.in are a good investment. We need to all figure out how to optimize LLLs. They aren't getting too much traffic, but if we could optimize the traffic we get now, we'd probably be recovering reg fee by end of each year.

is it good to park domains or create a small 5 page websites??????

Just type in a post: rick latona aeiou
and you'll probably get a better answer than I can give :D

I think for valuable domains it's a lot safer to put up a minisite than a parking page.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I've been working on this lately but it's too early to see what the results are.

The big plus about parking pages is the very high CTR - you can easily get CTR's over 50% if you target things well.

On a minisite the CTR will drop. Hopefully, you'll get extra search engine traffic over time to make up for this. You'll also need to get extra traffic to make up for the extra time and effort to build a minisite.

Thanks everyone for sharing!

DomainLobe - how are you deciding what kind of ads to display on your LLL.in?

Jeff, those stats only reflect DomainSponsor 'auto-optimization' without any of my own input.
I should spend more time milking my parking returns but I am just too busy with the rest of life.

One of the great things about .IN names is that many new registrations have nearly instantaneous traffic despite having never existed on the internet. I think this reflect the huge and rapidly expanding .Indian population seeking access to the internet.

This ride should only get better when the global economy picks up but even this may not matter much for Country Code tlds such as .IN/.CO.IN and even .CN as these populations will increasingly demand and utilize access to the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
After parking at Sedo, Google domain adsense (which I learnt about this yesterday) I thought why not create a domain profile on one topic and create your own custom parking/adsense page.

Say for e.g if you are buying a domain "property.in" -

you also buy (with property....... as a starting word in the profile)
propertymanagement.in
propertyestate.in
propertyinvestment.in
property...
property.....
EstateAgency...

at least 5-7 of these.

Using a template in Dreamweaver put them as categories and write a small note about each of them.
Create table(s), row(s) and put google adsense filled with colourful images. ;-)
Publish the sites to different search engines...

NOTE: for this you need to have hosting account.

Hopefully I should complete this by next week and once its published I will update you with the results - probably in the next few weeks.

Haresh

My best performing domain for April was shade.in with 7 impressions and $0.75 Earnings. This is parked at google. Hopefully it'll pay for its reg fee :)

After the collapse of parking income over the last year I have finally seen a slight upturn in the past couple of weeks. Don't know if it is seasonal or what but encouraging seeing ppc increasing a little.

My .co.in/.in traffic, the majority of which is via Sedo is around 30,000 per month with an average ctr of 16%, but I have been really lazy in monetization concentrating mainly on sales.

After the collapse of parking income over the last year I have finally seen a slight upturn in the past couple of weeks. Don't know if it is seasonal or what but encouraging seeing ppc increasing a little.

My .co.in/.in traffic, the majority of which is via Sedo is around 30,000 per month with an average ctr of 16%, but I have been really lazy in monetization concentrating mainly on sales.

Very interesting. Is this figure 30,000 pm per domain name? if it is then it is really great. would you like to share your domain names here? or may be PM me if you want.

Cheers

best is a three keyword .in at sedo -$7 last month!:cool:(one $1 click)
nothing much else, have not given any time at all to optimise.
trying out whypark/parked. have a couple @ noomle ,trying out chithika,clicksor

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom