Hosting for $0.99 a month?

IT.com
It's a common tactic that most hosting companies use. They'll pull you in with a good deal, then hope you'll stick around because you like the service they provide or you're just too settled in to worry about transferring somewhere else. Some companies will have you sign a contract stating you agree to use them for two years in order to lock you in.

It's a common tactic that most hosting companies use. They'll pull you in with a good deal, then hope you'll stick around because you like the service they provide or you're just too settled in to worry about transferring somewhere else. Some companies will have you sign a contract stating you agree to use them for two years in order to lock you in.
Quite a marketing strategy indeed, that is paying $0.99 per month for one year. However, 2 years is quite a long time to commit to one web host. I suppose the fact that we have many web hosts out there is forcing companies to look for unique ways of tapping into the market.

They'll pull you in with a good deal, then hope you'll stick around because ............. you're just too settled in to worry about transferring somewhere else.

That would be me. Let's acknowledge that right away. That is why I look to see how good of a job they do for other people. If that checks out, heck yeah I'll take a deal like that.

Quite a marketing strategy indeed, that is paying $0.99 per month for one year. However, 2 years is quite a long time to commit to one web host. I suppose the fact that we have many web hosts out there is forcing companies to look for unique ways of tapping into the market.
That would be me. Let's acknowledge that right away. That is why I look to see how good of a job they do for other people. If that checks out, heck yeah I'll take a deal like that.
I think that a lot of people don't pay attention to the fact that the price goes up after a year, and like Foroux said, after that point many people don't want to have to transfer their website to another hosting company.

Anyone can be excused for not paying attention to the small details when starting out. However, as time goes by, I guess we should learn from the small mistakes and not commit them once more. I tend to be very coy about such 'good' deals.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom