Hosting company for video tutorial website

IT.com

netstar

Hi, want to make a site with video tutorials. Need an advice which hosting provider (with unlimited space, bandwidth and emails) is the best for this project.

Which hosting company can you recommend?

If you thinking of HostGator, you can try first month at 1cent or $0.01USD. use coupon wordpress So you see if it fits to your needs or not. Additionally, I can get you some more discount. Pm me for details.

Btw, I would recommend a VPS or Dedicated hosting.For starting you can go with shared hosting. When you site gets popular and you start getting traffic. Shared hosting won't be enough as video streaming sites take lot of resources.

If you thinking of HostGator, you can try first month at 1cent or $0.01USD. use coupon wordpress So you see if it fits to your needs or not. Additionally, I can get you some more discount. Pm me for details.

Btw, I would recommend a VPS or Dedicated hosting.For starting you can go with shared hosting. When you site gets popular and you start getting traffic. Shared hosting won't be enough as video streaming sites take lot of resources.

Thank you, pm sent!:)

hello,
streaming video hosting requires ffmpg,flvtool,red5 etc etc. and is not present in hostgator and normal hosting providers.
for video hosting i could recommend cirtexhosting for shared hosting of streaming video, hostv for video hosting vps & dedicated server and apthost for both shared and vps & dedicated servers.
so there you go for hosting, btw.. did you get the website programming developed and site design ready already for it? if not, pm for a free quote.
regards,
Abhishek

AFAIK,Most shared hosting Providers including HG supports Streaming Audio/Video.

can you show mw where does hostgator say that it has support for ffmpeg, red5, flvtool2, LAME MP3 Encoder,Mencoder and also Mplayer ?????

i dont see any of these in both shared hosting and dedicated server plans of hostgator.. maybe you are just promoting hostgator without knowing the real specs required for streaming video hosting! :rolleyes:

i have been working for clients running video sharing sites and i know that they dont run on hostgator! xD

regards,
Abhishek

Yes, Abhishek you are correct!

Welcome to GatorChat!
You are being connected to a representative in our 'Technical Support' department right now.

For immediate answers to your questions, check out our knowledge base and video tutorials at HostGator Knowledgebase.

(2:06:58 PM) Adam Fa: has entered the chat.
(2:07:01 PM) Adam Fa: Hello, Welcome to HostGator Live Chat, My name is Adam. How may I help you today?
(2:07:18 PM) Gaurish: Does HG support Video Streaming?
(2:07:46 PM) Adam Fa: Yes but we will not support live streaming. for example a live webcam.
(2:07:46 PM) Gaurish: are tools like ffmpeg, red5, flvtool2, LAME MP3 Encoder,Mencoder and also Mplayer available?
(2:08:25 PM) Adam Fa: Please wait while I check. Thank you for your patience.
(2:12:58 PM) Adam Fa: We support ffmpeg,on shared servers
REd5, Flv2tool, LAME, is only supported on a dedicated server
(2:13:37 PM) Adam Fa: Actually i need to correct myself
(2:13:48 PM) Adam Fa: They ALL require a dedicated server.
(2:14:25 PM) Gaurish: So you don't support Video Streaming ?
(2:15:04 PM) Adam Fa: Those services are supported but only on a dedicated server.
(2:15:49 PM) Gaurish: Thanks for clarification
(2:16:00 PM) Adam Fa: Sorry for the confusion.
(2:16:32 PM) Adam Fa: You can find what is supported on a shared/dedicated server here Is HostGator compatible with my needs? Do you support ...? &laquo Pre-Sales Questions &laquo HostGator Knowledgebase
(2:17:18 PM) Gaurish: thanks for the link
(2:17:29 PM) Adam Fa: Absolutely, Is there anything else I can help you with today?
(2:17:36 PM) Gaurish: No Thanks
(2:17:43 PM) Adam Fa: Thank you for using HostGator Live Chat. If you could take a minute to rate your experience with HostGator as well as my overall performance, that would help us to improve our customer service. To do that, just click the button that says Rate and Exit in the upper right hand corner. The survey takes less than a minute to fill out.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom