Help with domain backorders

IT.com

Domainant

The domain name I'm interested in will expire mid-September. The owner will likely renew, but I'm still going to try for it just in case. I know it's possible to backorder a domain, but I'm not sure how far in advance to do so. Which domain backorder service do you recommend? Please share any strategic tips you might have as well.

What is the domain extension (ie .com, net, .in etc). All backorder services are not created equal Some only do .com and .net. Don't need the domain name, just the extension to make a recommendation

Thank you for the help, JackD! I'm appreciative of any advice you can share. The domain I'm after has the .com extension. If I pay for a backorder service, will the owner of the domain be alerted or be able to find out? I contacted them three times trying to buy the domain, so the owner surely knows there is interest. I probably should have waited until the domain expired and tried backorder first, but the owner has renewed for years like clockwork and I thought offering a month before expiration might make it easier for them to bail out on the domain. Either way, it's unlikely to pan out, but I might as well give it a go just in case.

Thank you for the help, JackD! I'm appreciative of any advice you can share. The domain I'm after has the .com extension. If I pay for a backorder service, will the owner of the domain be alerted or be able to find out? I contacted them three times trying to buy the domain, so the owner surely knows there is interest. I probably should have waited until the domain expired and tried backorder first, but the owner has renewed for years like clockwork and I thought offering a month before expiration might make it easier for them to bail out on the domain. Either way, it's unlikely to pan out, but I might as well give it a go just in case.

.COM Domain follows this Life Cycle:

gtld-lifecycle-700x286.jpg

So, my advice is to do not touch the domain name until it expires and then wait for Grace & Redemption Period to be Over.
If possible do minimal WHOIS queries on that domain. [Yaa I know despiracy and excitment.]

Avoid Backordering before "PENDING DELETE" Status. It attracts unnecessary attentions.

For .com back orders, the main places to place an order are Namejet and Dropcatch

So, my advice is to do not touch the domain name until it expires and then wait for Grace & Redemption Period to be Over.
If possible do minimal WHOIS queries on that domain. [Yaa I know despiracy and excitment.]

Avoid Backordering before "PENDING DELETE" Status. It attracts unnecessary attentions.
I fully agree with @Nishith, Wait until the PENDING DELETE status (last five days before it actually drops) The backorder from Snapnames ($79) and DropCatch ($69) both. If you are the only bidder, you pay the base price from whichever service catches it for you. If more than one bidder, then you can participate in the auction. As time gets near, create your account with both services because if the auction goes high enough, you have to be a verified bidder meaning it may take a day or two to become verified and you do not want to wait and lose out because you ran out of time.

EDITED: Added one more piece of advice.

Do not backorder with Snapnames until the last day before drop. Snapnames advertises the number of backorders. No sense showing interest until you have to. You can find the exact day of drop from Expireddomains.net

Good Luck with catching your domain name. After it is all over, reply here with the results and the name. Do NOT reveal the name to anyone before that, you may end up with unwanted competition.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom