Having more than one business lawyer

dibon

I had this discussion with a friend of mine who was not for this idea at all. She insisted that the only way out is to change the attorney/lawyer when the time is right. I only agree with her in as far as changing lawyers is concerned, otherwise you can have more than one firm at a time, just so that the business interests are never in jeopardy. Your thoughts?

ritchie

Would it be cheap for an upcoming business to have more than a lawyer at a time? This looks like an option that the more established businesses can opt for. I'd say that the right time to change your business lawyer is when they stop being responsive to the business needs.

dibon

I am not sure if having more than one attorney/lawyer at any particular point is economical. In case a current law firm seems not be playing their part or honoring appointments, then it may be the right time to start shopping elsewhere.

Tigger

Why would there ever be a NEED for two law firms? Unless, of course, you have a brick and mortar presence that your site is based off of. Otherwise, I'm not seeing point in retaining two different firms.

JackD

Country flag
The only way two lawyers makes sense is if you have one lawyer full time on the payroll and then have a second lawyer or law firm on retainer for overflow work or specialized projects that is not the expertise of the lawyer employed full time. That would only be for medium to large size companies. If you have one firm that is not doing the job and unresponsive to your inquiries, then get rid of them and hire another firm.

ritchie

The only way two lawyers makes sense is if you have one lawyer full time on the payroll and then have a second lawyer or law firm on retainer for overflow work or specialized projects that is not the expertise of the lawyer employed full time. That would only be for medium to large size companies. If you have one firm that is not doing the job and unresponsive to your inquiries, then get rid of them and hire another firm.
This makes sense, absolutely. I think in this way, a business is able to cushion itself against any eventualities, besides ensuring that there is continuity, even when there is a lot to handle. There's nothing as rewarding as when clients feel that there's a unique responsiveness to their requests.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver on having your unique path to success Resources 0
Prashant Sharan A great read : This WIPO panel proves that having a trademark will not always win cases Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan .whoswho manages to avoid having its contract terminated by ICANN New GTLDs 0
CyberKing I thought I was having a bad day until..... The Lounge 1
JulienJ Is Dominion Registries Having Trouble Selling Their New Alternative Dots? Registrars 0
domainking131 Anyone having any Bitcoin related domain?? Cryptocurrencies 0
A Social bookmarking site for sale having good alexa rank Websites 2
Ace The value of having short domain General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
D Is there any .in domain investor owning more than 100 .in domains alone? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
Prashant Sharan Registrars are doing great numbers in this pandemic; This could mean more and more folks are starting up Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Changing prices frequently can help you sell more domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan NamesCon plans 3 events for 2021 and no virtual conferences any more Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan DNW Podcast: Fox’s Crews Gore discusses why .Fox is being more widely adopted within the company Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Does BrandBucket or Squadhelp approval make your domain more liquid ? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan CentralNic's parking revenue grows and more than balances the slump in its registrars business Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Amazon seems to be not giving any heed to South American government demands for more reserved domains New GTLDs 0
webmaster75 Ghetto.us,CognitiveAutomation.us,Davenport.us & more @Sedo.com For Sale / Advertising 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: It’s easy to put more time into buying than selling Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The secret behind the sale of cryptocustody.com for so much more than the last 100 Non-Indian Domains 0
webmaster75 For sale @Sedo domain names:Limit.us & more For Sale / Advertising 2
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver believes that more companies are buying TLDs than domain portfolios Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy gets two more patents for domain availability lookups and DNS templates Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Furloughs and Layoffs will lead to more expiries Non-Indian Domains 0
webmaster75 Gator.us, JointVenture.us, Result.us & more Non-India Related Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Internet Commerce Association introduces a more affordable membership option at half the price Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Four more dot-brands seek termination from ICANN bringing such companies' total to 73. New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Some more measures that domaining industry has taken to combat Coronavirus Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Facebook will go to court against more registrars for cybersquatting Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan ZYWX.com's bid zooms past over $1,000 even with more than five days still to go Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN does not want to divulge more info on .org deal Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan NamesCon Austin Hotel sold out,nearby hotels contacted for more visitors Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Pay Imbalance reversal: GoDaddy girls often get paid more than men Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Read this if you are making more than $1K in domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Three more dot brands fizzle out New GTLDs 0
jedi Domain $100 BIN for ALL domains listed. Post sold - HEMPEZY.com and 38 more Non-India Related Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Damn!!! DotORG domains have rebranded and become more expensive Registrars 0
Gaurav KBF.co.in, Legit.co.in & more | Liquidation sale For Sale 0
Prashant Sharan DomainSherpa reviews sale of .com domains,an investor’s portfolio and many more Resources 0
Prashant Sharan EXL.com at Sedo fipped for 5 times more money Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Donuts says it is working on more M&A, focuses on channel Registrars 0
webmaster75 My domain names portfolio on SEDO: FoodTrucks.us & more.. For Sale / Advertising 0
Prashant Sharan .COMemory - .com more easily remembered Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan MMX is releasing 5,000 previously reserved premium names in TLDs like .work, .fit, .fashion and more New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Non-profits biggies pushing for a not more than 10% p.a. increase in .org prices Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Baltic Domain Days : Like Asheville Meetup with more blondism Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Rick Swartz: We are Much More than Just “Domain Name Investors” We are Investors! Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Registrars to send out more Whois accuracy emails Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Possibly more .amazon delays as South American governments cancelled talks with ICANN New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: More people should respond to domain offers like Shane does Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Turning your Gmail address into more addresses and why Resources 0