Hardly Any Non-English Indian Sites?

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
This press release:
IAMAI :: Press Release :: News Detail
by the Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) - who are smart enough to use a .in domain - claims that there are only 1,249 in India that are not in English - 713 of those being in Hindi

Frankly, I have trouble believing that. Just doing a search on Google I can find more than this.

But I think that it does go to reinforce the fact that English is the predominant language of the Internet in India, and will continue to be for a long time.

Well English will be dominant on us Indians for really long time as we don't actually respect our mother tongue & If we don't who else will? Unless we unite and create a large effort to push Hindi as our official language for our websites and stuff, things won't change!

and all this should be done keeping in mind that inspite of having hindi websites, our people should be able to understand english as well..after all, we can only change a part of the Internet and not the whole..

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
anirudhkarl96
Top Bottom