Hackers' Latest Trick: Fake Parking Tickets

IT.com

Ceres

Wow, I'm amazed to read about the lengths hackers will go to serve you malware. The latest trick is to leave a fake parking ticket on your car, which directs the driver to a website where he/she can view photos of their so-called violation. Instead of pictures, the unsuspecting victim will get hit with a Trojan virus. :mad:

These days there are so many surveillance cameras around, I'm surprised the police haven't caught the hacker(s) on camera...

The scary thing about this is that chances are high that some of the people getting traffic tickets aren't very internet savvy to begin with.

It is really scary, people who are unaware of this can get into deep trouble. It is so shocking but from where such ideas come to these corrupt minds?

I've read somewhere that social networking sites are fast emerging as some of the most fertile grounds for harmful software, identity thieves and online mischief-makers. It makes me want to avoid these sites altogether, but I think staying off these networks may not be the safest option, either.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom