Guruji.com

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Guruji is an Indian search engine. I discovered it as INForum is getting some traffic from there.

I played around with Guruji.com a bit. The results seem to be biassed towards Indian websites, but only slightly.

The results in Guruji seem decent, but they don't seem quite as good as Google's, but they probably are better than Yahoo!'s and Live's results.

In any event, Guruji.com looks like a very promising site, and I hope that it does well.

Too bad that they don't use a .in domain :mad: Guruji.in and Guruji.co.in are parked pages.

Does anyone know more about Guruji?

yes its a sequoia funded venture (one's that fund the worlds biggest companies including google and apple)

I had interacted with the founders about a year ago.

How did you get a chance to meet the founders?

Yes, Sequoia Capital is into everything online - LinkedIn, AdBrite, Youtube, etc. They do quite well!

we were trying to work out a deal with them for advertising .. dint meet them as such.. interacted thru mails.. a common contact introduced us !

Guruji.com is a very good indian search engine. As someone said above, the search is somewhat indianized.

I have been using its different service since some time now and can say that the database they have is impeccable. Definitely worth a try. Especially the newly added music search.

There definitely seems to be less spam in their index than in Google's index.

Uncannily, looks similar too Google.com, I suspect that underneath they have tie-ups with some other search engine to provide the results.

I just read that Guruji.com is currently facing some copyright infringement issues:

Anurag Dod (CEO) of Guruji.com and other top Guruji.com executives have landed themselves in deep trouble after they were arrested in Bangalore on charges of copyright infringement by making musical content online for free which is originally owned by T-Series (Super Cassettes Industries Ltd). T-Series president- marketing media publishing (TV) Vinod Bhanushali said that Guruji.com has been using the T-Series catalogue and the pirated website (Guruji.com) works on a non-investment model and uses content from other pirate websites.

Before being arrested, I wonder if the Guruji.com executives had been served with copyright infringement notices?

T-Series has a pending legal proceeding against MySpace.com.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom