Guest posting to build audience?

IT.com

Parth

Can guest posting on another blog lead to a decent ROI? I've been asked to create a number of articles for free. Instead of getting paid up front, I'd be able to market myself and keep the revenue from any affiliate clicks that came from my links. I'm on the fence because the blog has little to do with my niche and the articles will take a lot of research.

. I'm on the fence because the blog has little to do with my niche and the articles will take a lot of research.

If the blog has little to do with your niche then I think you would have a more difficult time in getting interest from those readers to follow through with clicks or eventual sales. Sure there would be a few but how many? You should consider how popular the blog is. If say 3% follow through (that estimate my be high) how many of those do you think you could convert into sales? Compare potential sales to time involved in research.

I think that any type of exposure is great for business. However, you shouldn't accept every offer that you get, you should check out the blog first and see what kind of audience they have.

If the blog has little to do with your niche then I think you would have a more difficult time in getting interest from those readers to follow through with clicks or eventual sales. Sure there would be a few but how many? You should consider how popular the blog is. If say 3% follow through (that estimate my be high) how many of those do you think you could convert into sales? Compare potential sales to time involved in research.
This is very true @JackD but how about if a blogger ended up providing content that is creative hence directing more traffic to their website? I'm also on the fence on this though I think it is something that requires a little extra effort.

But I want to know paid guest blogging how helpful for seo point of view ?
@Jessica Johansson - The answer is it depends (pun not intended) - on the reputation and reach of the blog where you are writing from purely an SEO view point. If you are allowed a DO FOLLOW link back on your article to your property. etc. PR no longer applies technically - no longer an exposed ranking factor by BIG G i.e. however a "natural" link juice can be valuable !!! Slurrrrp!

Stay within your niche Parth. At least in the scenario you brought up. The time and effort it takes to write quality content you don't know much about creates too much of a gamble when you're waiting for revenue to validate what you wrote.

Stay within your niche Parth. At least in the scenario you brought up. The time and effort it takes to write quality content you don't know much about creates too much of a gamble when you're waiting for revenue to validate what you wrote.
Yes, I agreed with you and didn't take the shot. Mainly because the subject matter is difficult and always changing. Plus, I don't believe the readers would pop over and translate into customers of my own.

Thank you to everyone who responded.

I agree that you should stay within your niche. Posting to other niche blogs can get your name out there but to what end? Establishing yourself as an authority is usually the goal and if you are posting to non-niche blogs, what are you becoming an authority on? You must become THE authority on your niche. That way you can gather a following.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom