Google's New Disregard Keyword Value in the Domain Names

IT.com
I posted a bit about this briefly a couple of days ago:
http://www.inforum.in/webmaster-forum/9816-exact-match-domains-search-engine-optimization.html

I'm not sure I agree with the characterization of Google disregarding keyword value - I think that it's more of a dialing down of the weight they put on the keyword value.

From personal experience, I can say keywords domains do help a lot with ranking in Google. Also, there is a lot of talk in the Seo By the Sea article about using branded domains instead, but the fact is that branding is expensive and not all that feasible for small and medium sized businesses that aren't in the tech fields.

Plus there are studies that show that keyword domains boost PPC ad campaigns.

As well, keyword domains have value independent of any SEO value Google puts on them in terms of memorability and credibility in an industry.

Not the best news for keyword domains, but not all that bad either. Given that people have really abused the use of keyword domains, and the possibility of hundreds of new gtlds where people can get even more keyword domains, it is not a surprise that Google is dialing down their reliance on this.

Interesting step from google. Keyword domains value will go down for sure. This move will hit the domain industry in a big way.

i dont think domain value will decrease,suppose i want to find a market place for bikes mostly i go to find domain name something related like bikemarket.in or .com?

At the end what counts are content + social valeu.
If you have mountainbikes.in and you have great content + many social "likes",
should google say: " na, this is a keyworddomain, we put slashybikes.in in front because they have a non keyword domain " ??
This is my opinion, because nothing else make sense...

At the end what counts are content + social valeu.
If you have mountainbikes.in and you have great content + many social "likes",
should google say: " na, this is a keyworddomain, we put slashybikes.in in front because they have a non keyword domain " ??
This is my opinion, because nothing else make sense...

Well siad. It is true. End of the it is all about content quality + genuine links .

regards,
Neo

I think there is a lot of confusion on this because of wrong interpretation of what Google's Matt said in a vlog few months back.

My interpretation is that devoid of content, keyword domains will not have added weightage. If you have quality content on a keyword domain you have nothing to worry about.

Earlier, even parked domains used to get listed in top 10 SERPs if they had exact keyword. Not any more - this Google development effects parked domains, which have been pushed to the end and sometimes even de-indexed.

So, dear domainer friends, install at least a blog on your keyword domains, create or get some good content and enjoy passive income, better indexing and increased sale value for your exact match keyword domains. Getting quality content is not a big deal. Content cost is easily recovered by the passive income that it generates.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom