Google registering MusicKey ccTLDs - Registers MusicKey.co.in, but skips MusicKey.in

IT.com
Re: Google registering MusicKey ccTLDs - Registers MusicKey.co.in, but skips MusicKey

I suppose Google would have applied for Trademark as well, so unless owner of MusicKey.in makes a genuine use of the Domain. Google can always claim back the same in INDRP proceedings !

Re: Google registering MusicKey ccTLDs - Registers MusicKey.co.in, but skips MusicKey

I suppose Google would have applied for Trademark as well, so unless owner of MusicKey.in makes a genuine use of the Domain. Google can always claim back the same in INDRP proceedings !

Yes...I agree based on when it was registered...however the USPTO TM seems to be filed in 2009 and owned by EMI http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4801:5v90dd.2.4 - also TM must be registered in India as well

Last edited by a moderator:

No it is not necessary that Trade Mark should compulsorily be registered in India but if otherwise was in the knowledge of the Domain registrant, it will prove bad faith.

Like in this case MusicKey.in has been registered only after Google was in News for registering Domains containing specific keyword all over the world i.e. .IN Domain Name has been registered 3 days after Google Registered MusicKey.co.in, Musickey.fr, etc. Therefore, he must make legitimate use of the Domain Name and shall be protected under condition # 2 of legitimate use, as the keywords have generic meaning also !

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom