Google now a Domain Name Registrar!

IT.com

CyberKing

Domain Investor
Country flag
https://domains.google.com/registrar

[h=1]Google testing custom domain registration service[/h]
Still in an invite-only beta, Google Domains is geared toward helping small businesses without a Web presence purchase and transfer domains.

Watch out, GoDaddy. Google is making moves on your turf.
It looks like the search giant is getting into the domain registrar business; Google has a "beta" site available at domains.google.com.
The service is invite-only for now, but it looks like it will provide a bevy of features typically found on registrars such as GoDaddy, Namecheap and Hover

Google testing custom domain registration service - CNET

Google Is Getting Into Domains. Should GoDaddy Worry?

Update post US Market Open -

Web.com and Endurance shares pummeled in wake of Google’s registrar play ....

New companies keep making forays daily. Let not the challenges deter you. We should look at these as opportunities to build exemplary products, customer experience.

It will help improve customer experience because many companies enter into any field means reduction of price and improved customers service..

Google wants a slice of the domain market now. Haha that will make a lot of registrars grow restless with Google now being part of competition. Godaddy supremacy is now under a latent risk. That will surely force major registrars to offer even better quality and cheaper services to avoid Google's Fat fish to take almost everything for itself. Remember how regretful were lots of websites after choosing not to associate with Google search engine in its early stages.

Somehow I missed this news. That's interesting that even Google is getting into domain registration business. I think the big card they have on hand is trust and possible integration with their other functions. Otherwise, I don't see how they will be much different compared to GoDaddy which we have known for years.

You know a company is big when they branch off into yet another direction and the completion goes down in stock value. That's power right there.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom