Google Has a Sense of Humour

IT.com

Ceres

Google has added a new feature to Gmail called Mail Goggles that can prevent people from sending out emails they might later regret.

Sometimes I send messages I shouldn't send. Like the time I told that girl I had a crush on her over text message. Or the time I sent that late night email to my ex-girlfriend that we should get back together.

Google will ask you five simple math questions before you send your email.

By default, Mail Goggles is only active late night on the weekend as that is the time you're most likely to need it. Once enabled, you can adjust when it's active in the General settings.

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-in-labs-stop-sending-mail-you-later.html

So there you go, no more sending emails that you later regret.

Okay, here's another really funny feature that Google has just introduced.

Randall Monroe, the creator of xkcd, suggested that if YouTube commenters had to listen to their comments read back to them aloud, it might lead to better discussion on YouTube. Some Googlers thought that was a pretty fun suggestion, so they did it. YouTube now has an audio preview so you can listen to your comment before you post it. I love that Google had the sense of humor to add this feature.

YouTube adds ?Read Comment Aloud? feature from xkcd

Now that's funny. :)

Yeah, Google often does stuff like that. Did you know that Google Mail started out as an April Fools joke?
There were a whole bunch of other things like that too, Like TISP. Google it ;)

Yeah, Google often does stuff like that. Did you know that Google Mail started out as an April Fools joke?

Hi Seth,

Actually I had no idea Google Mail started out as an April Fools joke. It certainly turned out to be a good "joke" from Google's point of view!

Yes, you are right! Google is quite diverting thing. But there are two things that I dislike absolutely. I do not like Google ads and Google AdSense. I tried these programs and I am not satisfied.

Sometimes when you search on Google, it's just funny. The one time i tried looking up 'The Who', you know, that older rock band, and the responces I got were like this:

"THE" is a common word and not included in your search.
"Who" is a common word and not included in your search.

I never know that there is a new feature from Google before. Thanks for sharing this out. I think that I can use this since I?m emailing something stupid from time to time.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom