Google creates set-it-and-forget it Adsense option

IT.com

JulienJ

It’s been well over a decade since the golden days of Google Adsense (for me, at least). There was a short period of time I was making more than a thousand dollars a day from Adsense on websites and a much longer time I was bringing in over a hundred dollars a day.

A lot has changed since then, not the least of which is that the made-for-Adsense sites I created barely receive any traffic anymore and I’ve let many of them expire.

Still, Google Adsense can be a great income source for sites that cannot sell advertising directly due to their size. I still have two sites that I haven’t touched in a decade that generate over $100 a month. Not bad considering I don’t have to work for it.

Today, Google announced Adsense Auto ads, a truly set-it-and-forget-it monetization option for websites. I think this will be an ideal ad monetization solution for creators of small sites. That includes domainers who create small sites on their domains.

Rather than picking ad locations and sizes and inserting Adsense code in each spot, website owners only have to insert one code snippet in the head of their pages. Adsense will determine the locations and sizes of ads to display.

While many people think they are experts at picking the right spots to maximize ad revenue, I’d put more faith in Google engineers to optimize Adsense income on a smaller site. It’s also nice to not have to optimize separately for mobile and desktop browsing.

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom